MEElectronics M6 PRO Musician's In-Ear Monitors
Feb 25, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #106 of 378
  I'm waiting for your review and first impressions! Also if they can compete with the VSD3's, Havi Pro 1 and Ostry's KC06 (all in their price range), and how they could compare to the Shure's SE 215 (possibly my next buy, only worried they will be too veiled in comparison with the M6 Pro's) 

I have the M6 Pro for about 3 weeks already, still having some fit issues that I've been able to reduce, however not completely solved yet.
In any case, I have the TTPOD T1E which are actually a bit cheaper and I've compared them against the M6 Pro. I think the TTPOD's has a more balanced sound signature with
overall better sound quality and clarity. I had the oppurtunity to also listen to the Ostry KC06 and the Havi Pro 1, both sound WAY better than the M6 Pro IMO. Anyway, the Ostry and Havi are just very quick comparisons however, with the TTPOD I took it to the long run. I'm now trying to burn these for over 50 hours, see if there's any improvement on the harsh treble they seem to produce. Will update here.

Feb 25, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #107 of 378
I have the M6 Pro for about 3 weeks already, still having some fit issues that I've been able to reduce, however not completely solved yet.
In any case, I have the TTPOD T1E which are actually a bit cheaper and I've compared them against the M6 Pro. I think the TTPOD's has a more balanced sound signature with
overall better sound quality and clarity. I had the oppurtunity to also listen to the Ostry KC06 and the Havi Pro 1, both sound WAY better than the M6 Pro IMO. Anyway, the Ostry and Havi are just very quick comparisons however, with the TTPOD I took it to the long run. I'm now trying to burn these for over 50 hours, see if there's any improvement on the harsh treble they seem to produce. Will update here.

Thanks for the impressions!
I have the havis and used to have the t1-e. I personally like the m6 pro over both. Granted I get a very good fit/seal with them thankfully which im sure makes a huge difference. I will agree both the t1-e and havi are more neutral though. I like that the m6 pro are more exciting :D

Feb 25, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #108 of 378
  Has anyone tried doing a sound comparison between the Stereo cable and the Cable w/ remote?  Supposedly the Stereo cable is 'high performance'.  I am curious to know if this changes the SQ for those who think is lacking.

Also - has anyone actually tried using an amp???

I have a NuForce uDAC 2 for my desktop and found the bass to be a bit more responsive but nothing else really changed. I also just changed to the non-remote cable and holy moly its a lot "brighter." Is it possible to have a weaker bass response with the non-remote cable? The treble seems slightly increased which can hurt a little. Do cables require a burn in process? I'm going to try this cable out for a few days and report back the differences.

One thing that I absolutely adore is the response I get from my Nexus 9 and Droid turbo. My MB pro seems to underpower these and doesn't sound as nice as it does through my devices.

Feb 25, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #110 of 378
I have a NuForce uDAC 2 for my desktop and found the bass to be a bit more responsive but nothing else really changed. I also just changed to the non-remote cable and holy moly its a lot "brighter." Is it possible to have a weaker bass response with the non-remote cable? The treble seems slightly increased which can hurt a little. Do cables require a burn in process? I'm going to try this cable out for a few days and report back the differences.

One thing that I absolutely adore is the response I get from my Nexus 9 and Droid turbo. My MB pro seems to underpower these and doesn't sound as nice as it does through my devices.

Yes it's completely possible for them to sound different.
If the micd cable adds impedance it can make the sound change.
Maybe someone can test the 2 cables?

Feb 25, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #112 of 378
So does burn in smoothen the treble?

If my M9 Classic (which sounds very similar to the M6 Pro) is any indication, yes, the treble smoothens out a tad with burn-in, but don't expect a radical change. 

EDIT: Read the OP earlier, and apparently OP is vastly overhyping these M6 Pros. These are pretty good, but the hype makes it sound much better than it is. The M6 may be marketed for musicians, but their recessed midrange isn't very friendly with instruments.

Feb 26, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #113 of 378
So does burn in smoothen the treble?

Interestingly - I actually had to get a new right earbud do to no fault of Meelec.  Mine had well over 100 hours before I had to swap the right earbud out for a fresh one.  

I have a burned in earbud on left and a bran new on the right and I gotta say, I can't tell a damn bit of difference between the left and the right.  Separation is there, etc, the sound stage is full... punchy bass...  If anything the sound is fuller now that my issue is resolved.

I think my ears burned in honestly.  The brightness is not enough to deter from the listening experience after a period of use either way.

Feb 26, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #115 of 378

Interestingly - I actually had to get a new right earbud do to no fault of Meelec.  Mine had well over 100 hours before I had to swap the right earbud out for a fresh one.  

I have a burned in earbud on left and a bran new on the right and I gotta say, I can't tell a damn bit of difference between the left and the right.  Separation is there, etc, the sound stage is full... punchy bass...  If anything the sound is fuller now that my issue is resolved.

I think my ears burned in honestly.  The brightness is not enough to deter from the listening experience after a period of use either way.

Like the actually housing/driver? Wow.

Mar 1, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #116 of 378
  EDIT: Read the OP earlier, and apparently OP is vastly overhyping these M6 Pros. These are pretty good, but the hype makes it sound much better than it is. The M6 may be marketed for musicians, but their recessed midrange isn't very friendly with instruments.

I don't know if I am. I'm very excited that MEElectronics finally put out their musician-friendly IEM lots of us were waiting for. 
smily_headphones1.gif

After listening to them for awhile, I have decided that I'm going to stick with my M6s for stage use. Not sure what you were talking about when you said "recessed midrange", because that wasn't the issue for me. My problem was that they don't fit the same way as the original M6s. The housings are bigger. Additionally, I can't get passed the fact that the bass isn't as prominent as the original M6s either. Even when I just have them plugged into my IEM system, the white noise sounds different - higher, more "hissy". I do like the case a lot, though. And I will still use these for casual listening. And it's obvious that the build quality on these are fantastic (perhaps even two steps up from the original M6s). 

If you need a balanced frequency response, and a great quality earphone, really give these a shot. However, if you like your bass (like apparently I do), and you're going for value-for-money, stick with the original M6s. Both are great options. 
smile.gif

Mar 1, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #117 of 378
I don't know if I am. I'm very excited that MEElectronics finally put out their musician-friendly IEM lots of us were waiting for. 
smily_headphones1.gif

After listening to them for awhile, I have decided that I'm going to stick with my M6s for stage use. Not sure what you were talking about when you said "recessed midrange", because that wasn't the issue for me. My problem was that they don't fit the same way as the original M6s. The housings are bigger. Additionally, I can't get passed the fact that the bass isn't as prominent as the original M6s either. Even when I just have them plugged into my IEM system, the white noise sounds different - higher, more "hissy". I do like the case a lot, though. And I will still use these for casual listening. And it's obvious that the build quality on these are fantastic (perhaps even two steps up from the original M6s). 

If you need a balanced frequency response, and a great quality earphone, really give these a shot. However, if you like your bass (like apparently I do), and you're going for value-for-money, stick with the original M6s. Both are great options. 
smile.gif

eek.gif

I'm laughing my arse off right now. Seriously. Saying the M6 Pro is balanced is like saying the M50 sounds balanced. 
biggrin.gif

I'm no professional musician, but I play the piano and am picking up the guitar as of late, and yes, the midrange sounds recessed -- very recessed. Like, oh, I don't know, at least a 3 dB difference relative to the bass and treble.

Also, they sound a lot like the M9 Classic, except slightly leaner in the bass, which is making the treble even harsher than it was. The M9 Classic's sibilance was tolerable, but on the M6 Pro? 

Mar 2, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #118 of 378
:eek:

I'm laughing my arse off right now. Seriously. Saying the M6 Pro is balanced is like saying the M50 sounds balanced. :D

I'm no professional musician, but I play the piano and am picking up the guitar as of late, and yes, the midrange sounds recessed -- very recessed. Like, oh, I don't know, at least a 3 dB difference relative to the bass and treble.

Also, they sound a lot like the M9 Classic, except slightly leaner in the bass, which is making the treble even harsher than it was. The M9 Classic's sibilance was tolerable, but on the M6 Pro? 

Definitely more balanced the the og m6 but still bassy and maybe too much treble to be considered balanced imo.
But boy do they sound musical :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back