MEElectronics M6 PRO Musician's In-Ear Monitors
Feb 13, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #48 of 378
Hey guys, so I got my M6 Pro yesterday and I have to be very honest,I'm somehow dissapointed with the fit and isolation.The thing is, no matter how hard I tried, I can't get good fit for these. Tried ALL the eartips I have at home and I can get a feel of isolation but it still sounds like there's a gap between the actual speaker and my ear canal, causing the highs to be piercing and very occasionally sibiliance can also be heard. Obviously, this is a fit issue that is causing the Sq to be affected and this is why I'm so dissapointed. The earphones look pretty much like high end stuff, including the box and all accessories, damn impressive but I'm still craving the sound, it's just not there. Again, the fit is OK, but the sound is very fatiguing I feel this is a result of bad design of the nozzle angle or might be something bad with my ears, lol. Anyone else having the same piercing sound? When I'm pressing against the earpiece I can get better sound and it's driving me crazy. At this point, my Xiaomi piston sounds better and the ttpod t1e is not even on the same level of comparison. Any ideas for a better fit? Thanks. Will be posting my thoughts after burn in and a few days.

Feb 13, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #49 of 378
Hey guys, so I got my M6 Pro yesterday and I have to be very honest,I'm somehow dissapointed with the fit and isolation.The thing is, no matter how hard I tried, I can't get good fit for these. Tried ALL the eartips I have at home and I can get a feel of isolation but it still sounds like there's a gap between the actual speaker and my ear canal, causing the highs to be piercing and very occasionally sibiliance can also be heard. Obviously, this is a fit issue that is causing the Sq to be affected and this is why I'm so dissapointed. The earphones look pretty much like high end stuff, including the box and all accessories, damn impressive but I'm still craving the sound, it's just not there. Again, the fit is OK, but the sound is very fatiguing I feel this is a result of bad design of the nozzle angle or might be something bad with my ears, lol. Anyone else having the same piercing sound? When I'm pressing against the earpiece I can get better sound and it's driving me crazy. At this point, my Xiaomi piston sounds better and the ttpod t1e is not even on the same level of comparison. Any ideas for a better fit? Thanks. Will be posting my thoughts after burn in and a few days.

Yah the fit can be tricky for some peeps due to the housing design. I had the same issue long ago with the og m6.
It all changed for me when I finally ordered some Sony hybrid tips (really soft shallow fit). Got a perfect fit with those.
Some people have to remove the bendable piece of wire from the cable. Check the m6 thread for instructions.
Also there might be an after market cable without the bendy wires that would fit?
Just gotta keep trying man. They're worth it imo. Here's another pic of how I have them on/in. I have them shoved pretty far in lol.

Feb 13, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #50 of 378
indieman Thanks for your help. OK, I have a few more conclusions. First, this is definitely not the sound but a fit issue I'm trying to solve. I was able to get good sound of the biflang eartips, however, it's still not as full as I know it can be.
Second, these are VERY tip sensitive and source depended. Was using my ipod touch 4th Gen this morning after using my htc one m8 so far and there's a major improvement. I think these might need some good amount of burn in time as they get better and better.
So indieman, where can I get those Sony eartips you're using?
Anyway, I'll keep listening and post my final thoughts soon!

Feb 13, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #51 of 378
indieman Thanks for your help. OK, I have a few more conclusions. First, this is definitely not the sound but a fit issue I'm trying to solve. I was able to get good sound of the biflang eartips, however, it's still not as full as I know it can be.
Second, these are VERY tip sensitive and source depended. Was using my ipod touch 4th Gen this morning after using my htc one m8 so far and there's a major improvement. I think these might need some good amount of burn in time as they get better and better.
So indieman, where can I get those Sony eartips you're using?
Anyway, I'll keep listening and post my final thoughts soon!

Can you buy from amazon?
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-EPEX10A-BLK-Replacement-Earbuds/dp/B001RB24UA

Feb 13, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #52 of 378
Can you buy from amazon?
Thanks, unfortunately this item specifically cannot be shipped to my country. I found some generic ones that fits the same model epex10a on eBay. Should I pull the trigger? $3. Better to get the large size of guess as I'm only using the largest ones so far with these M6 pro.

Feb 13, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #53 of 378

Can you buy from amazon?

Thanks, unfortunately this item specifically cannot be shipped to my country. I found some generic ones that fits the same model epex10a on eBay. Should I pull the trigger? $3. Better to get the large size of guess as I'm only using the largest ones so far with these M6 pro.

Did you try the included Comply foam tip?

Feb 13, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #54 of 378

Yes, I did. Big no no. No isolation AT ALL. Finally, the largest clear included eartips got the earphones to sit properly,however, still, the sound is disappointing imo. There's no bass, simple

Yes, I did. It was a big no no. No isolation AT ALL. Finally got a good fit with the largest clear included eartips, however, the sound is still dissapointing IMO. There's no bass, simple as that. It's there, but it's quantity is not enough and this is causing the highs and treble to be piercing and not in a good way. The sound stage is wide and instrument separation is very nice indeed as indieman said, but I feel like I'm listening to a very good smartphone speaker that lacks the bass response. Obviously, Bob Marley songs sound fantastic as there's almost no bass besides bass guitar. R&b, hip hop, and even some pop songs suffer. Maybe it's something totally messed up with my ear canal, but I get wonderful sound out of all my other 3 IEMs with no extra effort so I'm wondering what could be the issue.

Feb 13, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #55 of 378
Yes, I did. Big no no. No isolation AT ALL. Finally, the largest clear included eartips got the earphones to sit properly,however, still, the sound is disappointing imo. There's no bass, simple
Yes, I did. It was a big no no. No isolation AT ALL. Finally got a good fit with the largest clear included eartips, however, the sound is still dissapointing IMO. There's no bass, simple as that. It's there, but it's quantity is not enough and this is causing the highs and treble to be piercing and not in a good way. The sound stage is wide and instrument separation is very nice indeed as indieman said, but I feel like I'm listening to a very good smartphone speaker that lacks the bass response. Obviously, Bob Marley songs sound fantastic as there's almost no bass besides bass guitar. R&b, hip hop, and even some pop songs suffer. Maybe it's something totally messed up with my ear canal, but I get wonderful sound out of all my other 3 IEMs with no extra effort so I'm wondering what could be the issue.

The treble will always be very pronounced with these. I noticed that right away.
If bass is lacking more than likely the seal is still not optimal.
With the Sony hybrid tips I found the bass is very much present. In fact it is not much less than the og m6 (pretty much bass head iem).

Feb 13, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #56 of 378
indieman Well, as I said, I get good seal with my current setup, and the bass is there, I just feel like the design of the earpiece or the nozzle doesn't allow the sound to go through nicely. Feels like the nozzle is too far from the ear canal and this is causing the sound experience to feel like it's too far away although being sealed. Does it make any sense to you? Anyway, just ordered the big Sony hybrid eartips from eBay hopefully they'll get the job done.

Feb 13, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #57 of 378

Hey - the comply tips are Medium.

I highly suggest you order some large comply tips.  In my review http://www.head-fi.org/t/752533/m6-pro-impressions/15 I noted that the SQ is highly dependent on the ear tips used and I could not find a good seal either - and I found the bigger shallow ear tips sealed better than the tri/bi-flanges.

I'm ordering large comply tips because of this.

Feb 13, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #58 of 378
Quote: nimordiny
When I press on the earphone, the sound quality gets better.

There's your problem. They aren't far enough in your ear. Just humour me for one second, and push them in even further into your ear (you'll think it's going to hurt, but it won't)...

The other issue I had with them when I first got them was that I was putting the tips too far down the "canal tube". Only push them as far down as the line...don't know if that makes any sense. But don't push them so far down that they go right up against the housing. 

Feb 14, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #59 of 378
There's your problem. They aren't far enough in your ear. Just humour me for one second, and push them in even further into your ear (you'll think it's going to hurt, but it won't)...

The other issue I had with them when I first got them was that I was putting the tips too far down the "canal tube". Only push them as far down as the line...don't know if that makes any sense. But don't push them so far down that they go right up against the housing. 

Hey Kenny, I've been able to solve both issues so far but still can't get full sound experience. Obviously there's something wrong with the fit in my ears but I can't seem to solve this

Feb 14, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #60 of 378
Hey Kenny, I've been able to solve both issues so far but still can't get full sound experience. Obviously there's something wrong with the fit in my ears but I can't seem to solve this

How are you adjusting the bendable wire? Meelec suggests you start straight position the m6 in you ear then wrap the wire around the back until snug.
But I've found it works better the bend the wire first then place in ear and fine tune the wire from there. My wire looks like this:

And the tip is seated like this:

Sorry you're still having fit issues. Hopefully this will help a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back