MEElectronics M6 for $19.99
Jul 27, 2010 at 12:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

Berserker

100+ Head-Fier
As the title states: http://www.buy.com/prod/meelectronics-m6-stylish-sound-isolating-sports-earphones-black/q/loc/111/212545059.html

Jul 27, 2010 at 12:30 PM Post #3 of 46
You're welcome. For $19.99, I gave it a shot. Order placed.

Jul 27, 2010 at 12:32 PM Post #4 of 46
Or, you can try your luck here:

http://www.meelec.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Earphone-MEE-What

They are offering a grab bag deal for $19.99, so you can possibly get the M11 for $20, but most likely, you'll end up with the M9s I would think.

Jul 27, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #5 of 46
Yeah, I saw that. I was gonna post this on that thread, but this is $20 for the M6 in particular.

Jul 27, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #6 of 46
They are $20 at Amazon as well. 

The M6 isn't perfect, but it was a great deal at $40, and probably the best deal in earphones at $20.

Berserker, I'd be curious to hear how you feel they compare to your M1 and M2 Brainwavz. 

Jul 27, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #7 of 46
I'll do my best to explain when I get them.

Jul 27, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #8 of 46
What would be the cheapest place for Europeans to get the M9 or the M6? All these low prices are for US citizens only it seems... 
triportsad.gif

Jul 27, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #9 of 46
Quote:
What would be the cheapest place for Europeans to get the M9 or the M6? All these low prices are for US citizens only it seems... 
triportsad.gif

Your best bet would probably be to roll the dice on the Meelec mystery deal which is conducted through their site and ships internationally. Worst case scenario is that you'll end up with an M9 for $19.99+shipping which is still a solid value.

Jul 27, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #10 of 46
@ljokerl
Thanks for your reply. I've been thinking about this offer, but there's a chance I get one with a build-in microphone that I don't need or want (guess it makes the phones more phrone to devectives?). I might just buy another pair of PL-21's for $19.

Jul 27, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #11 of 46

Quote:
Your best bet would probably be to roll the dice on the Meelec mystery deal which is conducted through their site and ships internationally. Worst case scenario is that you'll end up with an M9 for $19.99+shipping which is still a solid value.

I agree. If you'd be happy with either, the random deal is great, especially since it could come with a little extra somethin' somethin'. But if you know you want to try the M6 and want ensure a non-mic version, I'd say go straight for it from Amazon or Buy.

In all honesty I would only recommend the M What? special to people who already have a Meelec they're happy with, who just want a little fun purchase, or something to give as a random gift. There are people who love the M6 but aren't as impressed with the M9, so it would be a shame for a new Meelec customer to get turned-off to what is a really great company, say, if he gets an M9P.

Jul 27, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #12 of 46
I suppose you can try what another head-fier did and put a note in with the transaction saying that he wouldn't want any -P versions. Not sure if it'll work or not though. Personally I haven't had any problems using -P earphones and I don't own an iphone either.

If you decide not to bother with the Meelec deal take a look at the ViSang R01 on ebay. Should run around $20+shipping and it's a great earphone and offers about 80-85% of what the higher-end R02/R03 are capable of despite the price tag.

Quote:
I agree. If you'd be happy with either, the random deal is great, especially since it could come with a little extra somethin' somethin'. But if you know you want to try the M6 and want ensure a non-mic version, I'd say go straight for it from Amazon or Buy.

Neither amazon nor buy.com will ship to the EU.

Jul 27, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #13 of 46
@HappyFi and ljokerl
Thanks both for your insights. I think eventually I won't bother with the Meelec deal, $27 is still a quite amount of money for me and I reather play safe. I see the ViSang R01 sells for $32 on eBay with shipping to Russia. Will they be as durable as the PL-21 and how do the microphonics compare?
I carry the earphones around in my dufflebag through military bases around the country, those bags do get 'abused' during transport and the PL-21's remained in top condition, maybe thanks to their aluminium housing?

Jul 27, 2010 at 6:25 PM Post #15 of 46
Quote:
@HappyFi and ljokerl
Thanks both for your insights. I think eventually I won't bother with the Meelec deal, $27 is still a quite amount of money for me and I reather play safe. I see the ViSang R01 sells for $32 on eBay with shipping to Russia. Will they be as durable as the PL-21 and how do the microphonics compare?
I carry the earphones around in my dufflebag through military bases around the country, those bags do get 'abused' during transport and the PL-21's remained in top condition, maybe thanks to their aluminium housing?

The R01 is decently built with hard plastic shells and metal nozzles. The cord is a little thin but so is the one on the PL-21. I would still recommend using some sort of hard case if you're throwing it into a duffel bag. Microphonics are comparable as well but the R01 is easy to wear over-the-ear. The only real advantage over the PL21 is sound - the R01 is significantly more capable when it comes to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back