MEE Audio Pinnacle P2
Aug 21, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #16 of 82

phthora

Headphoneus Supremus
75$* with coupon.

True! It's hard to argue with that. I would have purchased a pair already except that I already own the P1, and I don't know why I need the P2 if I love the P1. The suggestion seems to be that the P2 is a more consumer-friendly, mid-bassy version, but I never found the P1 to be in need of extra bass. Maybe the P2 is easier to drive for portable use, but I always use an external amp anyway. Perhaps they are lighter and more comfortable to wear due to the plastic construction, but I never found the P1 uncomfortable. In fact, it's nearly the most comfortable IEM I have. In short, the P2 looks awesome, but it doesn't seem to fulfill a need for me. Personally, I'm waiting for reviews and wishing MEE the best.

Aug 25, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #23 of 82

emilsoft

500+ Head-Fier
I hope they tamed the slicing nasty treble peaks from the P1 (and mid dips)

Aug 25, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #24 of 82

phthora

Headphoneus Supremus
I thought I was the only one to notice the dipped mids. The P1 is the only 'phone so far where I boost the 1-2k region. Still love them though.

Aug 25, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #25 of 82

emilsoft

500+ Head-Fier
I liked them P1s at first but not anymore, they have a rough grating/dirty quality in the upper frequency, mid dip and then a peak probably around 4k which is annoying, and little sub bass.. not to mention they are just uncomfortable - it's like they've been designed for weird ear canals, causing pain after half an hour (compared to all my other IEMs which cause no such issues). I somehow doubt the P2s would address these problems, but you never know..

Aug 25, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #26 of 82

phthora

Headphoneus Supremus
I liked them P1s at first but not anymore, they have a rough grating/dirty quality in the upper frequency, mid dip and then a peak probably around 4k which is annoying, and little sub bass.. not to mention they are just uncomfortable - it's like they've been designed for weird ear canals, causing pain after half an hour (compared to all my other IEMs which cause no such issues). I somehow doubt the P2s would address these problems, but you never know..

And I was the opposite. I wasn't impressed with them until I found the right tips and EQ combination for them. At first, the mids sounded odd to me, a little hollow and distant. I've also found that they improve noticeably with an external amp. Helps reduce that graininess a bit. I won't venture into hyperbole here, but I will say that I would have been pleased with the purchase had I spent $300 on them. I am very much looking forward to seeing the reviews for the P2. If they can even just alter the FR a bit to suit my taste more, it will be an easy purchase.

Aug 26, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #28 of 82

FSTOP

100+ Head-Fier
I'm in. Just ordered with the rebate code and free shipping.

The P1 have been my favorite, most used IEM of the past few years. I love the sound signature but wouldn't mind a bit more sub-bass (though i don't think its lacking with the right amp-pairing, just preference), just hoping its not at all bloated or muddy now.

The P1 does need more power to drive well for portable devices (though not a problem with my LG v20) so interested in the lower impedance of p2. Hoping the SQ isn't too different, though as others have said, wouldnt hurt with a bit more 1k and more smoothed out treble.

One thing i am surprisingly looking forward to is the lighter weight and even more comfort with the plastic housings! :wink:
Although the metal looks nice and feels solid on the p1, they feel a bit heavy while in the ears (though the fit was still among my most comfortable)...and metal sure gets cold in the winter!

I hope to read others' comments on the sound characteristics and differences between p1 and p2, and i will add mine when i get them!

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2017 at 1:09 AM Post #29 of 82

rantng

Headphoneus Supremus
Please let us know what case the P2 comes with. One of the pictures on the site shows a hard case, while another shows a soft leather case like the one included with the P1. I've sent MEE an email, but have yet to receive a response.

Users who are viewing this thread