MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Feb 28, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #3,227 of 3,265
I haven't found any phones that can sufficiently drive the P1s to an acceptable level. They don't have enough push to make the P1s really shine. A DAC/DAP with enough power will make them really sing. Even the ES100 (on balanced) can drive them very well.

Apr 2, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #3,228 of 3,265
Yeah great price. Just wondering if i could drive them straight from LG V30, as many reviewers are saying they are hard to drive.

Easily. I had V10-V30 and now V40. High impedance iem/cans are the natural food for the V series smartphone. The DAC works well with every ear/headphone but when you plug in HI stuff it really shines. Don't ask me what it is, something one cannot measure with anything except his own brain. With the V30 i drove a 600ohms sennhaiser, 50ohms is a walk in the park for the V30.

The perfect pack for a V series owner is P1 (for neutral/balanced yet warm sound) and Soundmagic e10 for gym/bassy moments.

Ciao

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #3,229 of 3,265
I've had Pinnacle PX for a week, tried all tips. I really want to like them, but they sound too thin, too shallow. They are good (to great) with Comply, cable up, EQ with slightly elevated subbass and very tamed 6-8kHz. But I didn't buy ~200$ IEMS to EQ them.
You may think I don't like neutral signature or bright headphones. Well, I bought them FOR this signature (but they proved to sound different). And... my most used headphones are Sennheiser HD 540 Reference 600ohm, so bright headphones with no subbass. The main difference between what I like and how they sound is a lack of softness in upper midrange. HD 540 (even HD 800s) have planty of upper midrange and treble, but they serve it with gentle softness.
Pinnacle PX have no softness. Female vocal sound like paper, with no reality. Music with a lot of drums make just this continous homogeneous hiss. Of course they are airy a.f. and open, but it's no achievement with so unbalanced sound signature.
I'm afraid my ear canal and tips don't match well. I can't think of any other explanation. I mean, there's isolation for sure, there's 7/10 comfort, but the sound without EQ is horrible. I believe reviews, especially when so many people confirm quality of a product.
Sources: Fiio X1, Matrix Mini-i.

Last edited:
May 5, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #3,230 of 3,265
I've had Pinnacle PX for a week, tried all tips. I really want to like them, but they sound too thin, too shallow. They are good (to great) with Comply, cable up, EQ with slightly elevated subbass and very tamed 6-8kHz. But I didn't buy ~200$ IEMS to EQ them.
You may think I don't like neutral signature or bright headphones. Well, I bought them FOR this signature (but they proved to sound different). And... my most used headphones are Sennheiser HD 540 Reference 600ohm, so bright headphones with no subbass. The main difference between what I like and how they sound is a lack of softness in upper midrange. HD 540 (even HD 800s) have planty of upper midrange and treble, but they serve it with gentle softness.
Pinnacle PX have no softness. Female vocal sound like paper, with no reality. Music with a lot of drums make just this continous homogeneous hiss. Of course they are airy a.f. and open, but it's no achievement with so unbalanced sound signature.
I'm afraid my ear canal and tips don't match well. I can't think of any other explanation. I mean, there's isolation for sure, there's 7/10 comfort, but the sound without EQ is horrible. I believe reviews, especially when so many people confirm quality of a product.
Sources: Fiio X1, Matrix Mini-i.

My facepalm of the year. The isolation wasn't complete, despite me being absolutely sure it was. I discovered that when I tried double-flange tips for the second time, this time deeper. It also works with smaller double-flange and triple-flange (although theese go too deep). The comfort got worse. The sound... holy crap. Night-day change. They are great. They at last sound as they were supposed to.

So, no they are not bright headphones, rather slightly V-shaped. Bass is big, subbas not so much. Mids are 8/10. Treble still shines, but it's not so wild - 8.5/10. What worries me is how much the sound depends on the position in ear. I need to work out the optimal position for comfort and sound (to be symmetrical).

May 5, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #3,231 of 3,265
I know you have solved your problem but I thought I'd throw it out there, I use Spin-fit double flange tips with the cable down. I have a hard time with iems but wearing them this way for me provides a very good seal and are comfortable enough to wear for decently long listening sessions.

May 6, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #3,232 of 3,265
I'm looking for new tip recommendations for the P1's

Has anyone ever used either Azla SednaEarfit Tips or Final E tips with the P1s?

I've had these ever since they were released and I still love them. I've had success with comply tips, but they wear and tear rather quickly. I think in a perfect world, I would prefer a silicone option for longevity. But my primary concern is sound quality I'm open to ANYTHING. I HAVE tried the Spinfit CP 240's based on someone here's recommendation. Unfortunately, I hated them. Tickled my brain, and couldn't seal at all. Quickly returned to my foam tips.

Appreciate any input here.

May 6, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #3,233 of 3,265
I'm looking for new tip recommendations for the P1's

Has anyone ever used either Azla SednaEarfit Tips or Final E tips with the P1s?

I've had these ever since they were released and I still love them. I've had success with comply tips, but they wear and tear rather quickly. I think in a perfect world, I would prefer a silicone option for longevity. But my primary concern is sound quality I'm open to ANYTHING. I HAVE tried the Spinfit CP 240's based on someone here's recommendation. Unfortunately, I hated them. Tickled my brain, and couldn't seal at all. Quickly returned to my foam tips.

Appreciate any input here.
I'm 100% with you on Spinfit tips - I find them extremely uncomfortable.

I've tried the Final Es on my P1s and they're OK, but I find Spiral Dots to have greater fit and synergy. I bought a set of the Sednas and still can't figure out why people like them (or spend so much on them). The other tips that were a nice match were Ostrys.

May 7, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #3,234 of 3,265
I'm 100% with you on Spinfit tips - I find them extremely uncomfortable.

I've tried the Final Es on my P1s and they're OK, but I find Spiral Dots to have greater fit and synergy. I bought a set of the Sednas and still can't figure out why people like them (or spend so much on them). The other tips that were a nice match were Ostrys.

Do you know if you got the "shorts" for the Sednas? I've been told that's important, as well as checking the size, as they run large. I think it's between those and the Spiral Dots at this point, but I'm torn.

May 7, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #3,235 of 3,265
Do you know if you got the "shorts" for the Sednas? I've been told that's important, as well as checking the size, as they run large. I think it's between those and the Spiral Dots at this point, but I'm torn.
All Amazon said was the size. I got a smaller size than other tips. It wasn't the fit or comfort, I just didn't find them anything special. I like Starlines better, and they're not $15 for 2 pairs.

May 7, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #3,236 of 3,265
I use mine exclusively with the TRN BT20s bluetooth adapters. and they sound great. The BT20s have enough power, just about. To me they sound as good wireless as they do wired. There is really good synergy between the P1's and the BT20s. I prefer them to the Samsung Galaxy Buds, which are good, but can't quite match the P1s.

May 7, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #3,237 of 3,265
I use mine exclusively with the TRN BT20s bluetooth adapters. and they sound great. The BT20s have enough power, just about. To me they sound as good wireless as they do wired. There is really good synergy between the P1's and the BT20s. I prefer them to the Samsung Galaxy Buds, which are good, but can't quite match the P1s.
They work really well with the ES100 and a balanced cable, too. The more power, the better they scale. They are also amazing out of my R5 and upgraded Xduoo XD-05. I think that's one of the things (besides better tips) that makes the P1s really shine.

May 7, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #3,238 of 3,265
They work really well with the ES100 and a balanced cable, too. The more power, the better they scale. They are also amazing out of my R5 and upgraded Xduoo XD-05. I think that's one of the things (besides better tips) that makes the P1s really shine.
agreed, the P1s scale really well. One of my favorites.

May 7, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #3,239 of 3,265
I love my Pinnacle PX's. Soon I'm going to paint them up, after 3 years of use the paint is chipping pretty good. Has anyone done anything similar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back