MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Jun 27, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #2,866 of 3,265
Can you offer a more direct comparison between the P1 and your IM70? ive been pondering on whether to upgrade my daily IEM to the P1 for a while, but still haven't decided to pull the trigger yet... how's your opinion on the change?
the best aspect of the ATH IM series for me is the mid forward vocal presentation, as female vocal songs are in my most played tracks they are important for me.

Don't forget to have a look at the 1MORE quad as well

Jun 28, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #2,867 of 3,265
Can you offer a more direct comparison between the P1 and your IM70? ive been pondering on whether to upgrade my daily IEM to the P1 for a while, but still haven't decided to pull the trigger yet... how's your opinion on the change?
the best aspect of the ATH IM series for me is the mid forward vocal presentation, as female vocal songs are in my most played tracks they are important for me.

IM70's
2zsyxck.png

P1's
o8rzux.png

The IM70's have the superior midrange, while the P1's provide a clearer overall vocal presence with brighter upper mids and highs. The vocals are there on the P1's, just not as pushed forward as the IM70's are. The highs can sometimes overpower the mids on the P1's on certain tracks, but not so much so that it's fatiguing or sibilant. They're just a lot more present than what the IM70 has and it is very apparent when going back and forth. I don't mind the change going from one to the other, they are very different sound signatures and have their place in different types of music. If I'm listening to electronic music or anything with emphasis on bass, the IM70's will be better suited to that type of music. The P1's have more of a 'hifi' sound in that they have more of a high end sparkle with tons of clarity and detail.

Keep in mind, these are my opinions, and your ears may tell you something different. Also I am using an upgraded silver Lunashops cable on my IM70 with the stock silicone tips.
I did a quick A-B with the IM70's and P1's, then I listened to my ZST's and ZS5's and honestly you might like either of those over the P1's when it comes to female vocal presentation. Don't get me wrong, I love my P1's but when talking specifically about female vocal presence, you will notice a difference. Personally, I think you would get used to the them after a while due to the clarity and separation.

My advice would be to pick up a pair of ZS5's or even ZST's and give those a try. The ZS5 is better than the ZST in my opinion, but they are more expensive. Both of them are significantly cheaper than the P1's though, I paid $19 on Amazon for my ZST's and $25 for my ZS5's on gearbest (had to wait like a month for shipping from China). Amazon has the ZS5's now for $38 with prime 2 day shipping.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #2,868 of 3,265
Don't forget to have a look at the 1MORE quad as well

I have the Quad and P1. Sometimes it's hard to decide which I like better.

The P1 feels more even, detailed, and airy. The bass is still potent and all, but overall its presentation feels more like it's making a big scene around the head. I hesitate to call them thin, but some might.

The Quad is all about the visceral impact and presence. Everything hits hard from top to bottom in a way that the P1 doesn't. I'd call the Quad a very "aggressive" IEM. The bass, although not measuring higher than the P1, feels somehow more full. I think the shallow fit contributes to that.

The decision between the two comes, IMO, down to whether you like to use the word "polite" or "aggressive" for your headphones. Both are stellar.

Jul 1, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #2,869 of 3,265
Anyone got a chance to do a P1 vs. re400 or re600 comparison?

p1 is has more detailed, airiness, cleaner then the re400. The re400 is more neutral then the p1

cant wait for the pinnacle px drop!!!!!

Jul 1, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #2,872 of 3,265
XBA 300 or Pinnacle P1 for everyday music?
(iPhone 6s)

The P1's are harder to drive at 50 ohms. I've never heard the xba 300's, but at 16 ohms they will definitely be easier to drive from a phone.

Jul 2, 2017 at 6:25 AM Post #2,873 of 3,265
I had a brieft listen on the XBA300, it definitely doesnt have as neutral sig than what I've heard from P1's impression, also the XBA sounds quite full, tighter bass than my IM50, while keeping a slight bump on upper midrange at least so it doesnt sound recessed when A/B ing with the AT.

About 1More, only managed to demo the triple driver, i was quite a pleasing IEM, just nothing special jump at me. How does it compare to the 4 driver?

Jul 2, 2017 at 6:38 AM Post #2,874 of 3,265
I had a brieft listen on the XBA300, it definitely doesnt have as neutral sig than what I've heard from P1's impression, also the XBA sounds quite full, tighter bass than my IM50, while keeping a slight bump on upper midrange at least so it doesnt sound recessed when A/B ing with the AT.

About 1More, only managed to demo the triple driver, i was quite a pleasing IEM, just nothing special jump at me. How does it compare to the 4 driver?

So if you have the option to choose one of these, will you go for the P1?

Jul 2, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #2,875 of 3,265
I'd like more info about the P2 but it seems like the PX is in my future. The one thing I don't like about the PX is the stupid cable with mic. I don't want the mic! I'd rather have the non mic cable that comes with the P1. Maybe I should just buy the P1.

Jul 2, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #2,876 of 3,265
So um... anyone had the nozzle just fall out? Cuz. The nozzle on mine fell out. And it won't go back in.

Jul 3, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #2,878 of 3,265
The filter on the nozzle? Seems common in all honesty. Just hit up customer services, they are fast friendly and efficient. They'll most likely send you a new set which you should be able to apply no problem

No I mean like the whole damn nozzle.

fyeOhIql.jpg

I pulled off a comply tip and the whole thing came off.

Jul 3, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #2,880 of 3,265
No I mean like the whole damn nozzle.
I pulled off a comply tip and the whole thing came off.

One of mine came off once. Placed it back in and used some locktite - and haven't had an issue since. Contact MEE or your dealer if you can't get it back in. They should have a solution.

Does anyone know what the port hole is on the back of the P1? Is it to release pressure similar to the logic behind adel?
Its a port for the dynamic driver. You get driver flex if you don't have it. And no - it doesn't work like ADEL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back