MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Sep 7, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #1,861 of 3,265
i put mine up for sale

i miss the tremendous speed of balanced armatures 
frown.gif

Sep 8, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #1,862 of 3,265

to a certain extent

Fun is what YOU consider to be "fun." If you like the sound and it makes you happy, then it is fun. Don't let anyone else define what constitutes "fun" to you.

The P1 is a fantastic sounding iem, which I would consider "fun" because I love the sound, not because someone tells me it's "fun."...

I really hate it when others on here define terms...it's your ears, enjoy what you like, get rid of what you don't. Thus endeth the rant; I now return to my P1's...because I want to...:thumbsup:

I thought it mean more v-shaped because i saw it in some review.Thanks for the correction

Sep 13, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #1,865 of 3,265
Sep 14, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #1,866 of 3,265
While I love my P1, I realize its sound quality (treble and sound stage) decreases as I lower the volume. My main source is V10 (high gain mode), and I notice this when I drop the volume below 20.

I didn't experience this with my other iems such as UE 900s.

Did anyone else experience this or should I get my ears checked? 
basshead.gif

Sep 14, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #1,867 of 3,265
  While I love my P1, I realize its sound quality (treble and sound stage) decreases as I lower the volume. My main source is V10 (high gain mode), and I notice this when I drop the volume below 20.

I didn't experience this with my other iems such as UE 900s.

Did anyone else experience this or should I get my ears checked? 
basshead.gif

nope i think its pretty natural for humans to perceive higher volume as better sound (as long as its not distorting obviously lol!)

i know i love music loud or its boring to me.

Sep 14, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #1,869 of 3,265

nope i think its pretty natural for humans to perceive higher volume as better sound (as long as its not distorting obviously lol!)

i know i love music loud or its boring to me.

I completely agree. I need it loud to appreciate it, no matter what device I'm using

Completely agree with both of you. I guess the P1 needs adequate power in order to perform best. It's just sometimes when I am in a quiet environment, such as in the office during work, I don't want to listen to music so loud in order to protect my hearing!

Sep 14, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #1,870 of 3,265

Completely agree with both of you. I guess the P1 needs adequate power in order to perform best. It's just sometimes when I am in a quiet environment, such as in the office during work, I don't want to listen to music so loud in order to protect my hearing!

if your in quiet environment then you shouldnt really need it as loud as usual.

Sep 15, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #1,871 of 3,265
It is only since about a year that I started actively investigating iems. The portability and the miniaturisation are such a joy and the constant improvement is breathtaking. In the course of last year I bought several in-ears from cheap (Joyroom 107) to relatively expensive (Nuforce Primo 8). While listening and letting it all sink in (early enthusiasm can prove to be a misjudgement due to new toy syndrome) I discovered that the sound signature that I liked the most is coming from Vsonic's GR07: balanced (no bloated bass), coherent (this is a problem I think with all the hybrids and balanced armature iems I heard up till now), no congestion with air around the instruments believably positioned in a soundstage...

As this benign 'illness' gets a hold of you, you're always on the look-out for a better iem. I have the impression after reading so much good stuff about the Mee Pinnacle that this earphone might be the step-up for me, taking into account the sound signature of GR07. Or do you think the improvements are marginal?

One cannot say enough how great this forum is. This is the 21st century at its best. Information flows freely all over the world and everybody's contributing to make (auditory) life better for each other. 
beerchug.gif

Sep 16, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #1,874 of 3,265
Getting mine in the mail tomorrow. It's going to replace my Shure SE215 as my 'serious IEM'. I know I know but I'm more of a budget midfi kind of guy. The Shures makes my ears hurt to no end too, so yeah...

Can't wait :)
Buddy, I have both, and I can sincerely say you'll love the p1. I use the silver cable with the p1 and the remote cable I connected to the 215's. The cables, the comfort of it and of course the sound. You'll be impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back