MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Apr 11, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #841 of 3,265
Colorfly C10 + P1 is very musical and engaging. C10+B1+P1 was superb - musical, immersive and amp adds some elegance and control. Even Encore mDSD+Aune B1 was great. Aune B1 is simply stunning no matter what you pair with it.

Apr 11, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #842 of 3,265
After a few days of using my p1 I still find these bass light even on high gain.The detail is great on these though with massive soundstage.Very crisp sounding.No problem regarding the wires at all.I'm using the single flange tips.I like it's carrying case.

Apr 11, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #844 of 3,265
Im also not big fan of h​earing cables but testing Forza OCC copper cable it adds some bass weigt and also midrange its more pronounced and clear with added smoot​hness and some lower midrange authority. Its generally t​h​e same observation I had with nucleotide OCC cables some time ago.
Anyway dont expect drastic changes as audio hobby is all about some exxagerated opinions especially as youre kind of new and unexperienced.​

Apr 16, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #849 of 3,265
I literally just got these in and gave them a preliminary listen before putting them on a burnin rig. As good as they sound now out of a mid-tier FAP that's not fully burned in yet, I think I'm going to blown away once they're fully settled!
I've had mine for just over a week and am still in the burn in process.I believe I'll be blown away by the final result also.

Apr 16, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #850 of 3,265
I've had mine for just over a week and am still in the burn in process.I believe I'll be blown away by the final result also.

No doubt. I'm duly impressed with this vs. other MEE IEM I've heard (A151 & A161). They lacked the depth and coherency of P1, and P1 isn't even burned in yet. Impressive!

Apr 16, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #852 of 3,265
agreed.detail retrieval on these is amazing.

I've had mine about 3-4 weeks, and can say that they sound simply fabulous. I let a co-worker listen, and she had to put them down...otherwise she might have stolen them from me she was so impressed!

Wonderful sound from them. I listen everyday!

Apr 17, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #854 of 3,265
Heard this at a local store which is probably quite well burned in. Really some serious good stuff here that I'm hearing! Punches way well above its price. It does require some serious power to drive it up properly. A dedicated DAP will suffice without a need to tug an amp around.

One of the best dynamics driver I've heard next to IE800. Sub bass rumble is present but not as deep as IE800 nor in terms of quantity. But it is still highly respectable. Goes deeper than SE846.

Vocals are nicely done too! Isn't portrayed as forward as SE846 but more full bodied than IE800. Probably sounded similar to Noble 6 rendition but with better texture and details retrieval.

Highs is another strong point here. Probably due to a well burned in unit, I hear no sibilance present and the highs does bring out clarity and excellent details retrieval. It is more forgiving than IE800. I feel that the highs can only go smoother with more burn in.

A serious challenge to the highly rated FLC8S which performance outweighs its price too!

Apr 17, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #855 of 3,265
Heard this at a local store which is probably quite well burned in. Really some serious good stuff here that I'm hearing! Punches way well above its price. It does require some serious power to drive it up properly. A dedicated DAP will suffice without a need to tug an amp around.

One of the best dynamics driver I've heard next to IE800. Sub bass rumble is present but not as deep as IE800 nor in terms of quantity. But it is still highly respectable. Goes deeper than SE846.

Vocals are nicely done too! Isn't portrayed as forward as SE846 but more full bodied than IE800. Probably sounded similar to Noble 6 rendition but with better texture and details retrieval.

Highs is another strong point here. Probably due to a well burned in unit, I hear no sibilance present and the highs does bring out clarity and excellent details retrieval. It is more forgiving than IE800. I feel that the highs can only go smoother with more burn in.

A serious challenge to the highly rated FLC8S which performance outweighs its price too!

When I had the FLC8S reviewer sample last month, I took it to a local store and compared it to the P1. 

They were very similar in terms of SQ and P1 pulled ahead in driver coherency so I purchased the P1 right there. 

I also tried PSB  M4U 4 and preferred more neutral sounding P1 over it.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back