MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Mar 25, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #679 of 3,265
Yeah the P1 responds really well to 'mo' powah' but it's certainly not required. I've got a bucket full of high end equipment (Tera-Player into Cypher Labs Picollo, Mezzo modded AK120, AK100 into Chord Mojo, etc) and some days nothing brings me more joy than the simplicity of my P1 directly from my iPhone. And I can't state this enough for all the lurkers out there that might be on the fence because they are worried the iPhone won't be able to drive it. I've heard over 200 iems for extended periods of time, and excluding the rare electrostatic iem, I haven't met a one that can't be driven adequately by an iPhone (edit: any possible output impedance mismatch issues aside).

Mar 25, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #680 of 3,265
Yeah the P1 responds really well to 'mo' powah' but it's certainly not required. I've got a bucket full of high end equipment (Tera-Player into Cypher Labs Picollo, Mezzo modded AK120, AK100 into Chord Mojo, etc) and some days nothing brings me more joy than the simplicity of my P1 directly from my iPhone. And I can't state this enough for all the lurkers out there that might be on the fence because they are worried the iPhone won't be able to drive it. I've heard over 200 iems for extended periods of time, and excluding the rare electrostatic iem, I haven't met a one that can't be driven adequately by an iPhone.

I will have to try it out with my iPhone. Its funny, I have the Shure KSE1500, and I actually like the way it sounds from the iPhone using the USB to Lightning cable Shure provides.

Mar 25, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #681 of 3,265
Yeah the P1 responds really well to 'mo' powah' but it's certainly not required. I've got a bucket full of high end equipment (Tera-Player into Cypher Labs Picollo, Mezzo modded AK120, AK100 into Chord Mojo, etc) and some days nothing brings me more joy than the simplicity of my P1 directly from my iPhone. And I can't state this enough for all the lurkers out there that might be on the fence because they are worried the iPhone won't be able to drive it. I've heard over 200 iems for extended periods of time, and excluding the rare electrostatic iem, I haven't met a one that can't be driven adequately by an iPhone.

I would agree. I just did a side-by-side with my RHA's on a walk. It does take more power to drive the P1's, but it is not unacceptable. My P1's are a fuller, slightly richer sound than the M750's. They are both testiments to auditorial quality.

Impressive.

Mar 25, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #682 of 3,265
Paired with Samsung S6 it sounds good but comparing to Encore mDSD or Aune M2 it lacks bass extension and focus more on midbass. Both mentioned players add bass weight and extension and also all is more spacious and 3D sounding. Especially M2 sounds way more natural and analog in good way in highs. S6 is good source but lacks in power for P1 and sounds little digital in upper registers. I imagine even better sound for IEM but I really dont think anyone would be dissapointed by P1 tuning.    ​

Mar 26, 2016 at 4:16 AM Post #683 of 3,265
Yeah the P1 responds really well to 'mo' powah' but it's certainly not required. I've got a bucket full of high end equipment (Tera-Player into Cypher Labs Picollo, Mezzo modded AK120, AK100 into Chord Mojo, etc) and some days nothing brings me more joy than the simplicity of my P1 directly from my iPhone. And I can't state this enough for all the lurkers out there that might be on the fence because they are worried the iPhone won't be able to drive it. I've heard over 200 iems for extended periods of time, and excluding the rare electrostatic iem, I haven't met a one that can't be driven adequately by an iPhone (edit: any possible output impedance mismatch issues aside).

My x1 drives them well but there are some 24 bit flac files of classical music that require more power and i need even e17k at high gain to listen to their full potential.Otherwise its good at 80-85 volume level on the x1.

Sorry,don't have an iphone so no comment.

Mar 26, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #684 of 3,265
My x1 drives them well but there are some 24 bit flac files of classical music that require more power and i need even e17k at high gain to listen to their full potential.Otherwise its good at 80-85 volume level on the x1.

Sorry,don't have an iphone so no comment.

Agreed, I don't own any but some highly dynamic classical like you mention could be an issue.

Mar 26, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #685 of 3,265
Well I got my order in. Will be comparing with the Aurisonic harmony. Overall expecting less sub-bass/bass impact and slightly raised mids as a result, which is pretty much how I feel about the harmony vs the HD600.

Mar 26, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #688 of 3,265
So... i just came stumbled into this thread. Oh dear! Literally just bought a back up pair of GR07s. My MKI are getting a bit ratty looking after so many years. Looks like i am placing an order on these :D

Mar 26, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #689 of 3,265
Spent some time auditioning the store demo of these yesterday.

Can confirm they're driven OK by the phone (Oneplus). Driven more comfortably by the Sony Walkman.

Other comments :
- Did it suddenly become Victorian England? Unseen amount of thought and care for accessories and kit in a TOTL product.
- When auditioning, I use some known tracks which test a spectrum of detail, vocal and bass extension. For this price, these are performers.
- A/Bed them with some other kit in store - noble savant and k10 alu and the GR07 i had on me. Some inappropriate a/b'ing :) but the P1 held their own against the savants. Need to spend more time, but could have outperformed the savants. K10 lows better.
- interesting choice of sound signature for a mainstream company. Not bass oriented.
- Scales well with a better source. Not like the GR07, which is pretty forgiving of your source.
- Coherent across the frequencies. Have recently tried the Fidue A83 and Dunu 2000j. Compared they were good, but crazily incoherent to my ears. Being single dynamic the P1 handles this well. Sometimes I think the age of the single dynamic is upon is.

Mar 27, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #690 of 3,265
Spent some time auditioning the store demo of these yesterday.

Can confirm they're driven OK by the phone (Oneplus). Driven more comfortably by the Sony Walkman.

Other comments :
- Did it suddenly become Victorian England? Unseen amount of thought and care for accessories and kit in a TOTL product.
- When auditioning, I use some known tracks which test a spectrum of detail, vocal and bass extension. For this price, these are performers.
- A/Bed them with some other kit in store - noble savant and k10 alu and the GR07 i had on me. Some inappropriate a/b'ing
smily_headphones1.gif
but the P1 held their own against the savants. Need to spend more time, but could have outperformed the savants. K10 lows better.
- interesting choice of sound signature for a mainstream company. Not bass oriented.
- Scales well with a better source. Not like the GR07, which is pretty forgiving of your source.
- Coherent across the frequencies. Have recently tried the Fidue A83 and Dunu 2000j. Compared they were good, but crazily incoherent to my ears. Being single dynamic the P1 handles this well. Sometimes I think the age of the single dynamic is upon is.

Yup,after comparing these to vc1000 and dn 2000 i finally came to know what being incoherent actually means.
If these were made by beats or monster,,they would have been priced north of 600-700 definitely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back