MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Apr 5, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #781 of 3,265
this is making me rethink whether or not I should purchase the p1.

The subsequent batches after the initial run all have updated connectors at housings and cable to address the early issues some had. I had an initial production run and Mee Audio proactively preplaced it. This only anecdotal but I haven't had any issues and use it quite regularly. Mee Audio has great customer service, if there is any concern.

Apr 5, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #782 of 3,265
The subsequent batches after the initial run all have updated connectors at housings and cable to address the early issues some had. I had an initial production run and Mee Audio proactively preplaced it. This only anecdotal but I haven't had any issues and use it quite regularly. Mee Audio has great customer service, if there is any concern.

my p1 serial number is 800+ and there is problem with the mmcx and case broke after 2 weeks lol
well i would buy for the sound

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #783 of 3,265
I'm curious as to approximately how many p1 owners have had issues with the mmcx.

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #785 of 3,265
ya im also thinking more than half. The customer service is great though. Theyre really fast. My replacements are on the way. Should be here this week.

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #787 of 3,265
ya im also thinking more than half. The customer service is great though. Theyre really fast. My replacements are on the way. Should be here this week.

most shocking is my case broke after 2 weeks lol. I did not tamper with it..

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #788 of 3,265
even with updated connectors I wonder if owners are still having issues.
I really hope not! I dont want to have to get another replacement. I will definitely be testing them out.

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #789 of 3,265
most shocking is my case broke after 2 weeks lol. I did not tamper with it..

Lol well thats not too bad but really strange haha!

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #791 of 3,265
this is making me rethink whether or not I should purchase the p1.

I have the second batch, and have not had a single problem with the MMCX connectors. Superglued the cable at the sheath, and no unwinding since.

Apr 5, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #793 of 3,265
wouldn't adding super glue void the warranty?

Not that I think. I applied it to the cable, and it can easily be removed. And if it keeps the cable from unwinding, I'm happy. I am not changing anything sonically nor mechanically, except the ability of the cable to keep from unwinding. So, I would think not.

Not really worried about it, but you make a good point.

Apr 5, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #795 of 3,265
Ok well now I'm wondering whether or not my topping nx1 will be sufficient enough to drive the p1.Or does it really need an amp.I'm presently using the poweramp player on a smartphone.

They do appreciate some power, but the NX1 should be more than enough. I managed to get decent listening levels and sound out of my LG GFlex2 without an amp, and a decent improvement and plenty of volume with a Fiio E6 or Brainwavz AP001.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back