Media Player for Chord Hugo
Oct 30, 2017 at 12:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

EazyRyder

New Head-Fier
Could anyone recommend a portable digital media player with possibly large display screen for use with my chord hugo and grado sr325e headphones (other than a smartphone).
I was looking for something with various digital audio outputs, usb, optical toslink or coaxial compatible for the hugo.
And it would have to be able to support hi res digital audio up to 24bit/192khz in various formats.
And finally the big ask--- I was looking up to the £200 GBP mark
Any help would be great

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #2 of 7
What do you consider a large screen?
USB is most common of all you mentioned.
Foobar 2000 would be my choice on an Android phone or tablet. Ticks all the boxes. Pick your screen size.

And how many 192 albums do you have? :smile_phones:

Oct 30, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #3 of 7
What do you consider a large screen?
USB is most common of all you mentioned.
Foobar 2000 would be my choice on an Android phone or tablet. Ticks all the boxes. Pick your screen size.

And how many 192 albums do you have? :smile_phones:
Thank you for the reply, i am currently using an android smartphone with neutron hi res player. I also use foobar 2000 on my PC, never knew it was available on android.
I was looking for a dedicated media transport for my chord hugo without the need to use my phone.
As far as screen size goes any above 2 inchs really
You have a point with the 192 albums, i dont have many, but its good to have the option on a media player
Portable hi fi is new territory for me and i originally purchased the hugo for use solely in my naim hi fi system.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #4 of 7
Unfortunately I do not have an alternative media player but have used various Android phones with the Mojo to good result. In the end, my use case for portable has led me to a simple phone only setup using LG V-10 and no external dac amp. Just too much ambient noise in my case to worry about portecting delicate usb connections and carrying the extra bulk of the Mojo. Good luck with the search!

Oct 30, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #5 of 7
Unfortunately I do not have an alternative media player but have used various Android phones with the Mojo to good result. In the end, my use case for portable has led me to a simple phone only setup using LG V-10 and no external dac amp. Just too much ambient noise in my case to worry about portecting delicate usb connections and carrying the extra bulk of the Mojo. Good luck with the search!
Thank you for help bixby i shall continue the search.
There was one player i was interested in, xduoo x10 looked suitable but i need further advice on this :)
In the meantime i will look for foobar 2000 on my phone, thanks again

Oct 31, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #6 of 7
The Xduoo X10 is also rebranded by ATC HiFi as the HDA-DP10, as a player it cuts off the 1st 1 second of tracks which is annoying, not sure if it does this as a transport too.

You could get the Shanling M2s but the screen may be a little too small.

The ATC HiFi HDA-DP20 has coaxial output and is nicer to use than the HDA-DP10 and would work well as a transport.

Oct 31, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #7 of 7
The Xduoo X10 is also rebranded by ATC HiFi as the HDA-DP10, as a player it cuts off the 1st 1 second of tracks which is annoying, not sure if it does this as a transport too.

You could get the Shanling M2s but the screen may be a little too small.

The ATC HiFi HDA-DP20 has coaxial output and is nicer to use than the HDA-DP10 and would work well as a transport.
Thank you for the reply.
A one second delay would certainly become irritating, i will look into your other suggestions.
Thank you again for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back