MEAOES Audiophile IEMs impressions & reviews
Nov 17, 2022 at 1:21 AM Post #76 of 169
If you can't hear something then by definition it is something you cannot hear, no matter the "quality".

Unless you are providing IEMs for cats, dogs, rats and bats anything above 25kHz is completely irrelavent. Young people may be able to hear a little above 20kHz, but even that is going to be marginal and rare. Harmonics are irrelavent too. They only produce shorter wavelengths not longer. A string on an instrument can oscillate over it's entire length or around stationary nodes equaly distributed along it's length. If anyone manages to get a string to oscilate along twice it's length I would be interested to hear that (or see measurements). Given the limitations of measuring rigs to produce accurate measurements above 10kHz, claims above twice that frequency are hard to verify. We are provided with market claims about homeopathic audio properties. Too much hyperbole and confirmation bias. Much of the "HiRes" claims are pure marketing BS. Can you hear the tiny impovements in sound after the application of the sonic decofibulatorium processor? "Oh yes!" cry the audiophiles as they gaze at the emporors new clothes.

:deadhorse: Next topics MQA and cables...
All this will possibly be true but not what I wished to say. Simply that a driver that is good enough to perform to 40 k may be more likly to bring out existing high frequency background noise which is in the audible range. Of course, we may choose to discount the 40 k claim on the back of the Meaoes box and argue that the HF driver is no good, so this is all irrelevant. Personally, I don't think my ears are good enough to definitely vouch for how good the HF driver is.

Nov 17, 2022 at 2:11 AM Post #77 of 169
All this will possibly be true but not what I wished to say. Simply that a driver that is good enough to perform to 40 k may be more likly to bring out existing high frequency background noise which is in the audible range. Of course, we may choose to discount the 40 k claim on the back of the Meaoes box and argue that the HF driver is no good, so this is all irrelevant. Personally, I don't think my ears are good enough to definitely vouch for how good the HF driver is.
Yep, main thing is whether it puts a smile on your face listening to it. I don't have "Golden Ears" either. Just as well really or I'd be tempted to sell them to buy more IEMs. THAT would be counterproductive. :thinking: :triportsad:

Nov 17, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #78 of 169
The Eagle and the OSV3 have landed yesterday.

As a former owner of the OSV3, I immediately recognized the sound signature and am very happy to have these back in my arsenal again. Fantastic sounding budget set.

It’s another story with the Eagle. These are one of the brightest and thinest sounding set I have ever listened too, period. Really not my cup of tea, unfortunately. Switched tips, cables and sources, without success, but it’s not surprising and I did not expect dramatic changes anyway. 🔥-in? Yes, they might require two decades of uninterrupted white noise before starting to sound decent to my ears.

I won’t bash the Eagle, it’s no use. I can understand that some people like this tuning and I am not saying these are bad by essence. It’s just a terrible sounding set in my book and they directly will land on the Classifieds section.

Something positive maybe? Sure. The modular cable is… good. The tips selection is generous and the case more than decent. The IEMs themselves look gorgeous.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #80 of 169
My Eagles are up for sale for anyone who wants quick US delivery and wants a reduction on them / wasn't interested in the bundling option vs a discount. $100 in classifieds.

BTW Penon are sending me replacement OS V3 for the side I received with channel imbalance :thumbsup:
Hope you will get the OSV3 replacement soon. Listening to them right now, and these are very enjoyable and kind of allrounders.

Glws.

Nov 17, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #82 of 169
Nov 17, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #83 of 169

As a former owner of the OSV3, I immediately recognized the sound signature and am very happy to have these back in my arsenal again. Fantastic sounding budget set.

It’s another story with the Eagle. These are one of the brightest and thin set I have ever listened too, period. Really not my cup of tea, unfortunately. Switched tips, cables and sources, without success, but it’s not surprising and I did not expect dramatic changes anyway. 🔥-in? Yes, they might require two decades of uninterrupted white noise before starting to sound decent to my ears.

I won’t bash the Eagle, it’s no use. I can understand that some people like this tuning and I am not saying these are bad by essence. It’s just a terrible sounding set in my book and they directly will land on the Classifieds section.

Something positive maybe? Sure. The modular cable is… good. The tips selection is generous and the case more than decent. The IEMs themselves look gorgeous.
Interested to know what source you were using, as I had pretty much the opposite experience. The OSV3 were very bright on my Hidzis AP80 Pro and even on the old school mini disc player (which is a richer warmer sounding player), but the Eagles weren't bright at all on either source.

Nov 17, 2022 at 3:55 PM Post #84 of 169
Interested to know what source you were using, as I had pretty much the opposite experience. The OSV3 were very bright on my Hidzis AP80 Pro and even on the old school mini disc player (which is a richer warmer sounding player), but the Eagles weren't bright at all on either source.
Indeed, very interesting. Completely opposite experience. That’s ok, I guess.

My sources are listed in my signature. Soundwise, they range from neutral/mid-centric to warm. The same applies with cables, the warmest being the PAC480.

You enjoy the Eagle and I enjoy the OSV3. For the price, very good deal in both cases.

Nov 17, 2022 at 3:55 PM Post #85 of 169

Very curious. There seems to be something going on with the Eagle. Early reports fall into a love/hate pattern. No middle ground.

Mine should be here before the weekend.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #86 of 169
Very curious. There seems to be something going on with the Eagle. Early reports fall into a love/hate pattern. No middle ground.

Looking forward to reading your impressions. Love/hate relationship is maybe a bit exaggerated, but yes, differing opinions about the Eagle and the OSV3. I am more into warmish, mid-centric and slightly V-shaped signature.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #88 of 169
Update on the faulty OS V3 - the clear shell helps to show that the layout was very different inside. It may just he how connecting cables are coiled, nothing of consequence for the effect is has, but there's always a slight concern when there's a lack of uniformity. Especially for $149, compared to options on the market the cost can hardly be due to materials (some resin), drivers (no-name), or much R&D (it's not a revolutionary configuration), so you'd hope for great quality control at least.

No complaints as a freeby, but until a couple weeks back it would have cost any of us $150 to own new.

1668720663760.png

1668720685322.png

Nov 17, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #89 of 169

After almost 30 burning hours, my impressions are closer to yours than that of @F700, with ap80-pro and xduoo x3.

Nov 17, 2022 at 5:23 PM Post #90 of 169

It’s another story with the Eagle. These are one of the brightest and thinest sounding set I have ever listened too, period. Really not my cup of tea, unfortunately. Switched tips, cables and sources, without success, but it’s not surprising and I did not expect dramatic changes anyway. 🔥-in? Yes, they might require two decades of uninterrupted white noise before starting to sound decent to my ears.

After listening to it for a while I see it the same way. The Eagle is also much too exhausting for me. It's a pity, but he will find his followers.
@all If you want to have the Eagle and the osv3 cheaply, feel free to contact me. I'll stick to my serial :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back