MDR-V700DJ vs. Grado SR125
Jun 30, 2002 at 4:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

pj325is

Head-Fier
Which do you think is better? I think the sony's would be more comfortable, but i trust Grado more for sound quality.

sorry if this has done b4, i searched for this and didnt find anything.

Jun 30, 2002 at 6:01 PM Post #2 of 18
nope, never done before. basically cause not too many people here made the mistake to buy a V700
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 30, 2002 at 7:01 PM Post #3 of 18
omg why would you insult the grado's by asking such a question

jeeze

if you want both comfort and quality look at sennheiser

stay away from sony unless you're getting the v6, or the r10 king

Jun 30, 2002 at 7:55 PM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by pj325is
Which do you think is better? I think the sony's would be more comfortable, but i trust Grado more for sound quality.

sorry if this has done b4, i searched for this and didnt find anything.

Depends on what you're using them for.

The V700's have a fairly specific use. Monitoring in high-noise environments, or monitoring of very high-level beat-orientated music. They're pretty poor anywhere else, although they are usable. There's one other good use for them due to the super-efficient drivers - use on a low-powered portable without an amp, listening to the same sort of music. But that's about it.

The Grados are general listening phones for all music types. Sound quality doesn't compare in a quiet room - it's like comparing a Bentley with a riced-up Nissan Skyline.

The Grados are open though so they wouldn't have any use in the places where a V700 would be happy.

Totally diferent beasts, not even worth beginning to compare. Figure out what you want from your phones and people here might be able to make a more objective suggestion.

And you guys, lay off the crap for the V700's. Sure the drivers aren't perfect for $100, but they do their specific job well (They do say FOR DJ REMIX USE in very large letters on the box) and you're paying partly for the looks & finish. You'd only trash this on value if you have no sense of style, and/or shopped at Costco.

Jun 30, 2002 at 9:11 PM Post #5 of 18
well, I never understood the bashing, since the 700s are DJ headphones and they are only meant for that, they are not for audiophiles or even music lovers, they are just for DJs!

DJ headphones should only be compared to other DJ headphones and only for what they were made for, IMHO.

Jun 30, 2002 at 9:30 PM Post #6 of 18
haha
so you're telling me becaues of styling it will make you better at spinning?

right...

dude, I won a local dmc, and it wasn't with no 700's
acctuality I used to use technics 1200
but
for keeping my beat jugling tight and listening into how clean my scratches were
nothing beats the analitical sound of the v6

and with it's velor added pads
nothing can beat it's comfort

Jun 30, 2002 at 10:53 PM Post #7 of 18
the reason why we bash the 700's so much is because when ppl ask us if they should buy them, they are not DJ's, instead just naive casual listeners. In that sense, that is why the 700's totally suck and that is why we say it sucks.

BTW: ARE YOU DISSING COSTCO???
mad.gif
Dont ever diss costco....where else can u buy an excellent tasting hot dog and drink for $1.50CAN? Plus they have excellent deals on maglite flashlights, books, and food.

Jun 30, 2002 at 11:19 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by jlo mein
BTW: ARE YOU DISSING COSTCO???
mad.gif
Dont ever diss costco....where else can u buy an excellent tasting hot dog and drink for $1.50CAN? Plus they have excellent deals on maglite flashlights, books, and food.

No J Lo, I merely diss the type of people who shop at Costco.
very_evil_smiley.gif
I think the last time I had a hot dog, excellent tasting or not, was my University days... And then, only socially.
evil_smiley.gif

You DO get what you pay for - in everything.

Jul 1, 2002 at 12:59 AM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by sTaTIx

Could this be any farther from the truth?

nope. not in general, and in audio, it's even worse.

Jul 1, 2002 at 7:42 AM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

You DO get what you pay for - in everything.

i think the greatest counterexample to this is something u yourself own Magicthyse ....the sony 700's...
very_evil_smiley.gif
...oh! below the belt!....

lol....sorry Magicthyse...but u kno ur going to get bashed once in a while for owning those....
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2002 at 8:12 AM Post #14 of 18
Bwahahaha

Jul 2, 2002 at 5:22 AM Post #15 of 18
i only ask b/c this kid was bragging that his headphones are better, and he said he was an "audio/videophile", and i didnt want to make an ass of myself if they were better than mine...but now that i know some thing.. *goes to find punk kid and learn him a thing or two*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back