MDR-V6, how to replace earpads?
Mar 16, 2006 at 9:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Asr

Headphoneus Supremus
I just received these cans in the mail yesterday, along with a pair of DT250 velour earpads to replace the stock ones. Only thing is, I'm not sure how to remove the stock earpads and put on the DT250 ones. Can someone walk me through the process or give me some insight? I don't see how to take off the stock earpads...

Mar 16, 2006 at 11:25 PM Post #2 of 6
This has been covered several times in the past. If you search you will find several threads with pictures. This is not the easiest mod ever, but it is well worth it.

Mar 16, 2006 at 11:27 PM Post #3 of 6
It's pretty nearly the easiest mod ever. Pull the old pads off, transfer the black fabric from the V6 pads to the 250 pads, then put the new pads on.

Mar 17, 2006 at 12:21 AM Post #4 of 6
Mar 19, 2006 at 8:06 AM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for the link.

I attempted to do this mod tonight, but it turns out the foam is stitched to the pleather earpads, so I couldn't separate them. I went ahead and installed the velour earpads without the foam, so the driver is exposed....is it ok to do that? Or should I try to cut the foam from the pleather earpads so I can cover it up?

Mar 19, 2006 at 10:51 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
Thanks for the link.

I attempted to do this mod tonight, but it turns out the foam is stitched to the pleather earpads, so I couldn't separate them. I went ahead and installed the velour earpads without the foam, so the driver is exposed....is it ok to do that? Or should I try to cut the foam from the pleather earpads so I can cover it up?

nononono don't cut the foam, cut the stitching!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back