MDR-V55 vs ATH-WS55
Aug 28, 2012 at 8:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

agentsmith23

New Head-Fier
I am still trying to find a pair of headphones that I will be happy with. I started out with the Philips CitiScape Uptowns they sounded great but became uncomfortable around my ears after prolonged listening. I returned those for the Sony MDR-V55 and I really like the audio quality from them and my only complaint with them is the creaking sound that the joints make if I move my jaw while wearing them. I have only had them for a few days and the creaking wasn't there when I first got them but now it is very evident and can be a bit annoying. I really like the way they look and comfort is ok, there really isn't any padding to speak of on the headband it is just basically rubberized. I was looking at the Audio-Technica ATH-WS55 headphones and have read good things about them. Does anyone know how they compare to the audio quality of the MDR-V55 I know they are marketed for their bass and I am honestly not into heavy bass I just don't want it to muddy the mids and highs. Or if there may be another suggestion preferably a DJ style headphone (I just like the style of them). I am looking to keep the price under $100 and they must be sold at Best Buy because I bought them with a gift card. The Uptowns and the MDR-V55s I was able to try in the store before I bought them but they don't sell the ATH-WS55s in the store.

Thanks for any help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back