MDR R-10: “EAR-Speaker”?
May 9, 2002 at 2:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Nik

Headphoneus Supremus
I’m at the second day testing the MDR R-10 that arrived in my dor Thursday morning. I think that its important very long time for tell all the quality of this cans. But today I’m really surprise when the sound image don’t have (as all my cans) the headphone’s tipical presentation: “left- O – right”, the problem that the Headroom fix with his processor, but necessary with a penalty in the purity of the sound (this is my esperience with The Max). The R-10 present to you a musical ambient, the stereo experience, for example GRP recording “Six friends” the vibraphone generally gos to left to your right with discontinuity in the center, more similar to 2 instruments, the first at your left and the second on your right, with the R-10 today for the first time (I tried the old Sax Sigma bilt for this problem…), I was in the same local of the concert with the musician. Another impressions of this cans: you can to go up with the volume without problems, the R-10 increase, rise with the music. Not as the Grado RS-1…

Nik

May 9, 2002 at 4:49 PM Post #2 of 2
Hi Nik,
I completely agree. R10 images better than other phones. I think this relates to the angle at which the driver is placed relative to the ear. The large ear-cup gives the r10 more ability to tilt the drivers than other closed phones that use this technique (CD3000, W2002).

Also, I think soundstage is bigger on the R10 which helps the left and right blobs meet in the middle. Result-- continuous wide-screen left to right imaging.

markl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back