MDR-E484?
Sep 7, 2003 at 7:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Pappucho

1000+ Head-Fier
Sep 7, 2003 at 8:02 PM Post #2 of 13
You lucky sonofa...
tongue.gif

That's probably them. There's the chance those are MDR-E472s instead (same drivers, different cable), but either way, good deal.

Sep 7, 2003 at 8:21 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by strohmie
You lucky sonofa...
tongue.gif

Thanks Strohmie for those kind words....actually I think it's a bit of luck mixed in with alot of dedication of scanning through page after page of incorrectly titled auctions. It's the only way to find those hidden treasures at incredible prices.

Sep 7, 2003 at 10:41 PM Post #5 of 13
Sep 7, 2003 at 10:52 PM Post #6 of 13
What's the difference between these and MDR-434's?

I have 434's from when I bought a D25 on ebay. I've never used these, the foam on them desintegrated. The model # isn't on the driver. It's on a little piece of platic that wraps around the cable.

Sep 7, 2003 at 11:05 PM Post #7 of 13
After I made that post, I checked around the web looking at some other pictures of 484's. So I now think that what you won on ebay might be and they might not. The only way I can explain it is that maybe the black color gives it a more sleek look, while the pearlescent phones (what I have) look a bit more robust. That would somewhat explain, the differences I noticed.

Sep 8, 2003 at 1:40 AM Post #9 of 13
wow wow wow!!! hehe wicked man welcome to the club yo!

Yeah they are the same as mine, the black 484s with silver trim... Hope you like them! The only beef I have with them is that you'll most likely get static if you turn up the bass too much (like insane amount of bass) due to age... Otherwise they'll sound wonderful!

I wonder if Purk has this problem cuz I've heard all too much about this problem from others on head-fi...

Sep 8, 2003 at 1:48 AM Post #10 of 13
pappucho, i'm so so jealous!!!
mad.gif
biggrin.gif

congrats on your E484 win. so now that you're receiving the holy grail of earphones, sell me you pair of HP-J7!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 8, 2003 at 2:04 AM Post #11 of 13
Thanks fellas for the confirmations that these are 484's. I have been envying all of you E484 owners for awhile now and now I can join the club. I just hope they are in decent enough condition to enjoy them before they need repair. Well, Im now onto my next quests, the E282, D9, and V99.....

Sep 8, 2003 at 4:57 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by innocentbystandr
After I made that post, I checked around the web looking at some other pictures of 484's. So I now think that what you won on ebay might be and they might not. The only way I can explain it is that maybe the black color gives it a more sleek look, while the pearlescent phones (what I have) look a bit more robust. That would somewhat explain, the differences I noticed.

You mean the gold 484s? that or if yours are white then you have 464s lol double check the tube that separates the left and right cords...

If you're from HK then the gold 484s are most probable...

Sep 8, 2003 at 5:25 AM Post #13 of 13
Pappucho,
I can assure that the earphone is the E484 in black version. To differentiate E472 from E484, you can look at the metalic trim. The E472 comes with gray trim, while the 484 comes with metalic trim. This is the case for black, gold, and white E484 only.

Krayzie,

I don't have that problem, maybe I'm a basshead. But again, E484 excels w/ acoustic music. The bass is somewhat lacking comparing to better fullsized phones, but the midrange is totally grain free. The treble is extension is very good. The ETY-4s is still better though. The soundstage of the E484 is much better than E888.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back