MD repair?
Nov 17, 2002 at 11:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

bpm2000

500+ Head-Fier
My Sharp MDMT877 has been collecting dust for a while now, thanks to one of the channels of the headphone jack going out on me. Has anyone had any experience with this problem and know how to repair it? It was bought from Ubid, and I opened it up already, no warrenty by the time it broke yadda yadda etc...
Some people on various MD boards suggested resoldering the connections around the headphone jack which I tried and it didn't solve anything. I believe the problem was caused by my V6 headphone plug getting bumped and maybe bending a connection inside the jack out or something like that because if I wiggle the plug around in there I can get both channels of sound to come out but then it goes away again as I leave the plug be. I'd really like to get this thing up and running again so any help would be appreciated.

thx

Nov 18, 2002 at 10:05 AM Post #2 of 6
you could install a new headphone jack...or send it to Sharp and have them do it ($$$).

Nov 19, 2002 at 4:21 PM Post #3 of 6
Unfortunately, if you go ahead with the Sharp repair, you will be out of pocket an awful lot - MDs are horribly expensive to repair.

DIY, or buy an MT880.

Nov 20, 2002 at 3:08 AM Post #4 of 6
meh if the diy route doesnt work, im going with a ipod next, the recording process/media for MDs has me not wanting to go back.

Nov 21, 2002 at 2:45 AM Post #5 of 6
I dropped my Sharp MD 77 Monday. Broke the battery cover, it bent the catridge track somehow, which then caught the recorder chip... and tore if from its housing. I have had it one month - can you hear me crying :wink: I located an authorized repair center in Philadelphia where I live. Took in yesterday and should have back tomorrow. I luckily have reciept still and it should be covered. But anyway, local repair center if you can find, beats sending to Sharp.

Good luck.

Nov 21, 2002 at 4:49 AM Post #6 of 6
Gawd, what a drop! On concrete? You are very lucky you had your reciept!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back