MD line out goodness (sony r50)
Mar 27, 2002 at 5:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

redshifter

High Fidelity Gentility• redrum....I mean redshifter• Pee-pee. Hoo-hoo.• I ♥ Garfield
yup, my r50 md recorder arrived last night. it is in near perfect shape, and had everything included, even the a34 v.i.t.e. headphones (not wearing them until they've been sterilized). this player has a line out and i'm using right now (r50 - markertec mini/mini - cha47 - d-66 eggo headphones). it sounds amazing with the penguin amp (what doesn't?). one question for other r50 owners, is the "clamshell" popup disc loader supposed to pop all the way up and eject the disc, or does it need to be pulled up by hand? thanks.

Mar 27, 2002 at 7:00 PM Post #2 of 9
Red... having the near identically housed R55 I can tell you that my lid, when you press the open button opens MD width... but not enough to pull the MD out... You have to open it by hand after that... and its been the same since new
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 27, 2002 at 7:46 PM Post #3 of 9
thanks duncan, you came through as always.

i'm glad to hear the eject mechanism isn't broken. my r70 pops up and ejects the disc at the same time, so i was a little concerned when the r50 didn't.

Mar 28, 2002 at 11:10 AM Post #4 of 9
RedShifter,

My R50 eject mechanism is exactly the same. I bought it used from Ebay and assumed it was maybe just tired. Encouraging to hear it is designed that way and not on it's last legs.

Mar 28, 2002 at 5:45 PM Post #5 of 9
thanks 20silkcut. team r50 in da hizzouse. (sorry, i just watched "jay and silent bob strike back")

Mar 29, 2002 at 12:30 AM Post #7 of 9
The manual R50 eject mechanism should be bullet-proof as the spring-loaded pop-up eject of newer machines may post a reliability problem overtime where the disc can't click into position but luckily that's kinda rare with MD Walkmans... the problem is more proned with older Tape Walkmans with vertical tape loading where the spring-loaded pop-up design was originally pioneered from...

Mar 29, 2002 at 7:06 AM Post #8 of 9
Yes Krayzie... You do have a good point... You don't want to press the eject button, and then see the lid of your MD player fly across the room
wink.gif

I Personally don't think that there is anything wrong with the older eject mechanisms... The other problem that I can see with the 'power' eject is that the MD itself could come flying out of the player??
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 29, 2002 at 9:20 AM Post #9 of 9
My old 1st gen Zip Drive when bought new actually had that problem of lauching disks off to great distances when ejecting... I had to use my hand to block it from flying...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back