MD/DC/VA Meet March 18th
Feb 21, 2006 at 2:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 79

thrice

Member of the Trade:Rockhopper Audio
Please note the new time!!!!!

The MD/VA/DC Head-Fi meet will be on Saturday March 18th from 2:00-7:00ish.

Please PM me with the gear you are planning to bring and I'll post a list here.

I will host the meet at my house. Please note that we have two cats and a dog. If you are alergic to animal hair you might want to skip the meet or get all good and drugged up for it so you won't be sneezing like a mad wild fiend.

DIRECTIONS:
Here's my address:

It's pretty easy to get to, just Mapquest it and you'll be fine. PM me if you have any questions about getting here.

FOOD: Some people have asked about food and here's my policy. You can bring whatever you want for yourself to eat, that's fine. I'm not preparing a spread or anything, I just don't have the time nor do I want to deal with it. I will provide soda and water for people. I usually buy coke, spirte, something diet and of course we have water. If you want to bring a six-pack of soda, be my guest.

In the past we've all chipped in to get some pizza...that's fine. If you want to do this bring small bills. We can't all pay with $20s
smily_headphones1.gif
Paypal fees apply for the pizza
evil_smiley.gif

I'll get a gear and attendant list ready in the next day or so.

GEAR:

amps:

Balanced M3
Xcan v2
SFT Dynamight Signature
MPX 3
mpx3 6cg7
Stax SRM-313

Cans:
K1000 X 2
K701 X 2 (at least one balanced pair)
W100 (balanced)
SR225
MS-2i
HD650
L3000
HD600
ATH-A900LTD
ATH-W1000
PF-1
Stax SR-404

Sources:
Wadia23
Curcio CD12V Tube DAC
NEC Multispin CDR-602 or/and PowerBook G4 as source
APL Philips SACD1000
Alf's revision of Guzzler DAC
iHP-140
Lavry DA10
Bel Canto DAC2

People:
thrice
hirsch (maybe later)
dusty chalk
highflyin9
dave1
brians
sk138?
tkam
tennisets
steveio
akathriel
slwiser
immtbiker
audiorapture
fante7?
Steve999
dviswa
fvoelling

Also, in the spirit of openness I feel the need to mention that I am the owner/builder of Rockhopper Audio. This is not a commercial meet, but a personal meet. Any and all are welcome to attend, including other manufacturers.

Thanks.
thrice (Stephen)

Feb 22, 2006 at 8:16 AM Post #3 of 79
I'm in, either one's fine, with a small preference to the earlier.

Feb 22, 2006 at 5:28 PM Post #4 of 79
I'm in. I can bring my iPod and KSC-35's.

[size=xx-small]Well, maybe I can bring a little bit more.[/size]
very_evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif

Feb 22, 2006 at 5:35 PM Post #5 of 79
the first date works for me. I'll bring the balanced Ergo 2!

Feb 23, 2006 at 7:42 PM Post #9 of 79
If it's on the 18th, depending on how my spring break plans end up, I will likely be able to come.

I can't possibly make the 25th.

Feb 23, 2006 at 8:00 PM Post #10 of 79
So far the 18th is winning. I'll finalize a date on 3/3 according to the poll.

I will host it at my house. I will post directions and my address closer to the date. But to give you an idea, I live in College Park, MD right off exit 25 of the beltway (I-495).

I'll post more details in a week or so. If people want to PM me what they are planning on bringing then I'll get working on a gear list.

Cheers,
Stephen

Feb 23, 2006 at 9:04 PM Post #11 of 79
Where would this take place. I am down in Richmond, Va.

Feb 24, 2006 at 9:51 PM Post #13 of 79
Thrice: Good afternoon, I am interested in joining the members, but never attended a meet. My Beyerdynamics DT990's are to come back from the service center in N.Y., (and I could use all the advice I can get), so I would bring those. I have no amp or other wires though, so what else could I do to contribute? Looking at the 18th, coming from Norfolk,Virginia Beach area of Virginia so I'm pretty close to the neighborhood. Are there any good dealers in that area that you recommend? Thanks, see you then.

Feb 24, 2006 at 11:13 PM Post #14 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiorapture
Thrice: Good afternoon, I am interested in joining the members, but never attended a meet. My Beyerdynamics DT990's are to come back from the service center in N.Y., (and I could use all the advice I can get), so I would bring those. I have no amp or other wires though, so what else could I do to contribute? Looking at the 18th, coming from Norfolk,Virginia Beach area of Virginia so I'm pretty close to the neighborhood. Are there any good dealers in that area that you recommend? Thanks, see you then.

<--------ooooooooh, creepy, my 666th post
very_evil_smiley.gif

All you have to do is bring yourself!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back