Maybe this is tacky but...Senn Cables
Mar 29, 2006 at 1:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

mrdon

500+ Head-Fier
I am in the process of considering the purchase of the HD600's and I've been doing all kinds of research on replacement cable choices. I can't afford say the Zu Mobius or the Moon Audio Silver Dragon, b/c I am a guy on a slim budget...OK I am cheap and stingy. That is why I dig DIY so much!
biggrin.gif
But can these premium priced cables be DIY'd or I guess the technical term is reverse engineered?

Moderator Edit: Thread title edited

Mar 29, 2006 at 2:08 PM Post #2 of 9
You can build anything anyone else builds. That's the beauty of DIY because it sheds light on one's potential.

I'm a baller on a budget too, so for my HD600's I just got the HD650 cord, chopped it short, and installed a straight Neutrik plug on. I listen to music and not cables, so this was only out of convenience and a cheap upgrade for a more rugged cable.

Zu Mobius makes their own connectors for their Senn. cables, so you won't get too far trying to do what they do. My advice to you is that you chill cause Cardas is coming out with some Sennheiser connectors for the DIY crowd. This is more elegant than slicing moulded connectors. It's just more time to wait, but I think it's worth it.

Mar 29, 2006 at 2:44 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by afxdave
My advice to you is that you chill cause Cardas is coming out with some Sennheiser connectors for the DIY crowd. This is more elegant than slicing moulded connectors. It's just more time to wait, but I think it's worth it.

Yes, I am aware of this. In fact, I spoke with Cardas via e-mail this past Monday and it looks like it will be another 60 days before their DIY Senn Connectors hit the streets.

Mar 29, 2006 at 3:04 PM Post #5 of 9
I had not heard about the Cardas Senn connectors, that is certainly good news as IMO this was the biggest obstacle to DIY cables for Senn HD6x0 (I did not see spliced-on stock connectors as practical).
Even I will attempt to DIY some cables for my HD600 once they are available.
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2006 at 3:08 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdon
Yes, I am aware of this. In fact, I spoke with Cardas via e-mail this past Monday and it looks like it will be another 60 days before their DIY Senn Connectors hit the streets.

WHAT???!!

Cardas is putting out DIY Senn connectors? When did this happen and why hasn't someone told me!
tongue.gif
icon10.gif

Where can I find info on these connectors?

Mar 29, 2006 at 3:11 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by headchange4u
WHAT???!!

Cardas is putting out DIY Senn connectors? When did this happen and why hasn't someone told me!
tongue.gif
icon10.gif

Where can I find info on these connectors?

Our very own Jude will be the one to try them out before they are out to the public. Cardas will be posing info once they're all ready and I'm sure Jude will post up when he gets them. You can call them and they'll fill you in more.

I'm a sucker for making cables, so this will open the gates for making up some more HD600 cables.

Mar 29, 2006 at 3:49 PM Post #8 of 9
I may have just found a new hobby
rolleyes.gif

The thought of braiding cables reminds me of making lanyards in camp as a young girl
Plus there's the added bonus of possible improvements in SQ
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back