maximum bass
Jun 8, 2010 at 8:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

vapman

Member of the Trade: bhobuds.com
i currently own jvc marshmallows and ultrasone hfi-580's, both of which i love. however anyone that's used marshmallows knows how it's all bass, all the time. they're making my ultrasones sound anemic, and anyone who's used ultrasones knows there's plenty of bass. i need as much bass as a pair of headphones can possibly offer. what are the bassiest headphones you guys know of? i need at least marshmallow-level bass.

also i could probably benefit from an amp, but i played both of these through a millet hybrid and it didn't help the situation too much on either phone.

Jun 8, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #2 of 62
The bassiest cans I know of are the DT770 Pro (80 ohm). They are a bit boomy for me. There may be cans with more bass out there though.

Jun 8, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #7 of 62
you have 2 options

#1 Terimator(V4) DT770/80 Darth Beyers with Gubretti gel mod to increase the animal's bass to another whopping 100%

#2 Beats By Dre.Dre

avoid option 2 at all coasts !!!

Jun 8, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #8 of 62
For pure bass quantity, the bassiest I've heard are the Beyer DT770 80s, but I'm pretty sure some Skullcandies/Beats would change that.

Jun 8, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #11 of 62
I've used my friend's Beats. Plenty of bass but no way I'm paying that much for those.

Might look into the Denons. I've tried the DT770's and I don't think they're much different than my Ultrasones, but I'll have to find a way to hear some Denons sometime.

Jun 8, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #12 of 62

Quote:
I've used my friend's Beats. Plenty of bass but no way I'm paying that much for those.

Exactly...they are overpriced...thats the problem. You can get a good pair of cans and buy a decent amp with that money. 

Jun 8, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #13 of 62
I have the Beats and the DT770/80 Pro and honestly the DT770 provides way more bass. I did a lot of comparisons between the two and what I thought was great bass with the Beats sounded really sad compared to the Beyer's. I do use a Woo Audio 3+ with them and no amp with the Beats and it makes a huge difference. The point being that you can get an amp, even portable if you need, with the DT770 and have a better setup for less. Admittedly my amp and the DT's cost more than the Beats but you don't need to spend that much on the amp to get better bass. The only reason I keep the Beats around is for use with my iPhone. I love the iPhone mic/controller Monster provides with the Beats.

Jun 8, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #14 of 62

Quote:
i currently own jvc marshmallows and ultrasone hfi-580's, both of which i love. however anyone that's used marshmallows knows how it's all bass, all the time. they're making my ultrasones sound anemic, and anyone who's used ultrasones knows there's plenty of bass. i need as much bass as a pair of headphones can possibly offer. what are the bassiest headphones you guys know of? i need at least marshmallow-level bass.

also i could probably benefit from an amp, but i played both of these through a millet hybrid and it didn't help the situation too much on either phone.

Sony XB700 + Fiio E5 w/Bass Boost On.

If that doesn't blow you away, I don't know what will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back