Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 (Hybrid Amp) - Discussion and Review Thread
Aug 3, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #31 of 232
I just received my A1 today. Expect some pictures and my review within the week! Keep checking my reserved posts at the beginning of this thread. :) sp70.

EDIT: Pictures up!

Aug 4, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #33 of 232
Just added _Spanky_'s pictures to the thread. Lots of great shots now. I'll be posting my in-depth review later this week, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for it. sp70.

Aug 5, 2010 at 3:18 AM Post #34 of 232

Quote:
Just received mine and have been enjoying for 6 hours or so. Initial impressions are very good with some issues that I hope will be fixed in the first batch. I'll shoot some pictures to sp70 to put up.

Now we're curious! Thanks for the pics.
So how is it connected: D1 tube out -> A1? or SS -> A1? How do the double & different tubes match?
Can't wait for a review Sp70 & Spanky

Aug 5, 2010 at 4:01 AM Post #35 of 232

Quote:
Now we're curious! Thanks for the pics.
So how is it connected: D1 tube out -> A1? or SS -> A1? How do the double & different tubes match?
Can't wait for a review Sp70 & Spanky

I have my A1 connected via tube out, I'm sure sp70 has it the same way. I still use the stock tube in the D1 but my 396A should arrive soon. 

Aug 5, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #36 of 232
My review is now up, at the beginning of the thread. Hope this answers some questions!
L3000.gif
sp70.

Aug 6, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #37 of 232

Hello mates!
Just a question, have Ryan changed the shipping date for the A1?
Or he just has shipped these 2?

Greetings!

Quote:
I just received my A1 today. Expect some pictures and my review within the week! Keep checking my reserved posts at the beginning of this thread. :) sp70.

EDIT: Pictures up!

Quote:
Just received mine and have been enjoying for 6 hours or so. Initial impressions are very good with some issues that I hope will be fixed in the first batch. I'll shoot some pictures to sp70 to put up.

Aug 6, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #39 of 232
Thanx for the quick answer!!
I'm glad you already have yours. I hope to have mine in a week or two!!
By the way, thank to both of you for the nice reviews!

Aug 6, 2010 at 10:26 PM Post #41 of 232
Update:
Just added _Spanky_'s review. sp70.

Aug 10, 2010 at 8:49 AM Post #42 of 232
Hey mate!!

Today is the day!!
atsmile.gif

Quote:
lol I haven't posted mine yet :p The first production A1's should ship the 10th, unless that's changed. People should have theirs by the 16th at the latest.

Aug 10, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #43 of 232
Attention everyone, this is a very important message for anyone trying to get to the Maverick Audio website. I just got an e-mail from Ryan saying the following:

Quote:
About 6 hours ago, I found I forgot to renew my domain name of mavaudio.com, and the domain name has been taken over by third party.
I have been working since then, and put up a backup web site: www.mav-audio.com, everything is working properly through this backup site.

This means that any e-mail chat you have going with Ryan will have to continue with a new e-mail on the site http://www.mav-audio.com/base/support Ryan will try to get the old domain back but, for now, use the new one.

Aug 13, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #45 of 232

Quote:

How does the A1 compare to headphone amps or speaker integrated amps at around a similar price level?

We have just shipped quite a few units in the last few days.  You can expect to see more customer reviews or real customers to answer you this question really soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back