Matrix Reloaded Discussions: Spoilers...Tread Lightly
May 15, 2003 at 5:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 81

Zanth

SHAman who knew of Head-Fi ten years prior to its existence
So I just came back from the Matrix Reloaded...AMAZING.

Of course...I expected nothing less.

Effects....5/5
Plot...5/5
Acting...4/5
Coherency with first film...4.5/5
Cliff Hanger....6/5

I can say I was blown away with the seamlessness of the effects...the integration was superior to any movie I have seen thus far. Although LOTR The Two Towers was amazing...we were dealing with human characters and this is much more difficult to pull off. Incredible!

I have two theories for the ending...

1) The "real world" is just another layer in the matrix...the "architect" pulled the wool over Neo's eyes...and in reality...the world is not so different than how we perceive it to be. A classic dream within a dream within a dream theme. I hope this is not the real ending.

2) Neo kicks some serious ass in the finale and ends the war.

His new-found "real world" abilities are definitively from Monica Bellucci. I'm sure if she kissed me that way, I could electrocute some machines as well
evil_smiley.gif

So...then, how does this work? If #1 theory is correct, then that kiss helped "awaken" him outside in the external layer of the matrix. For whatever reason...this was her "gift" to him. Maybe she doesn't like being a plaything anymore.

If theory 2 is correct, because the matrix deals with electrical signals, the kiss could still elicit some true external biological reaction which in effect could trigger electrical discharges and/or telekineses as was demonstrated. Either way...I would bet my HP-1's that the kiss was the source of the power.

Monica was hot. The see-thru dress was over the top. The bullets..the music...the gear...the costumes. Top notch! My pick for the trilogy of the decade. Sorry George...your legacy was left behind in the 20th century.

May 15, 2003 at 6:04 PM Post #2 of 81
hmm, i forgot about the kiss...

hey zanth, wanna come on over to my thread?

i agree, star wars is utterly lame compared to this.

can you explain the part where the one is the sixth implementation? i got so lost with the architect.

May 15, 2003 at 7:12 PM Post #3 of 81
you mean the RELOADED!!! thread?
I thought I would start this one since it could explicity mention spoilers without people going nuts reading through it.

The idea of the 6th implementation was the architect basically doing one of 2 things...in order to retain balance...the "one" which is really a person with extra info intentionally provided to them by the oracle and other rampant programs...must be "reassimilated" into the matrix...but can't be done all at once...so it s a bit by bit via making a choice. See the choice aspect is the key..it is why the first version failed.

So inorder to reassimilate the "Extra Juice" the One has...the One must make a choice to reassimiliate him/herself each time...effectively draining his extraordinary abilities. Each time...the humans who are not attached to the matrix...the 46 or whatever it was...reproduce...forming an army...eventually though...the One will be no more...and the machines can destroy Zion forever.

Theory two is that this was all bull set up by the Machines...so that Neo would destroy the human race and the machines would win.

Now...I think the dream within a dream thin...ie. ...the "real world" is even still part of the matrix...would suck...but I can see that coming.
If this happens, I will be very upset.

May 15, 2003 at 8:53 PM Post #4 of 81
I couldn't resist opening this page but at the same time I didn't read the post! Yay! I'll share my thoughts after this Friday
biggrin.gif

May 15, 2003 at 11:04 PM Post #5 of 81
I've had another thought recently...

perhaps Neo is simply a program...and the only way to get true AI is by making a simulated world? All other versions were "reassimilated" or rather reworked...into the source code...and rebuilt. All other versions lacked true choice stimulated by something other than survival..."i.e....I must sacrifice myself for Zion" but this time...LOVE was involved...something which computers would have a difficult time if ever...understanding. This would then explain why Agent Smith is so important...as he could in essence be a virus at this point...a corrupt program the programmers are trying to fix before it ruisn their baby AI proggie.

Just another theory
smily_headphones1.gif

May 16, 2003 at 12:07 AM Post #6 of 81
I'll repost what I posted in the other thread, since I guess the discussion is moving here.

Just saw it. Although I think I understood the Architect's speech at the end, I want to be sure.

Basically, the left door meant EVERYONE would die, and the machines would be reduced to a skeleton force. But why? How?

Right door: Matrix starts over, zion starts over. So does everyone die?

At the end of the movie: did zion fall? Are Niobe/Morpheus' crew the only humans left alive?

Ah, and according to the architect, the oracle is the "mother" of the matrix. Is she "evil?"

Ah, also: anyone remember at the beginning of the movie, when the agent went inside that guy, and then got sucked out of the phone. Perhaps he is the same guy that the ship picked up(the only survivor)?

May 16, 2003 at 1:06 AM Post #7 of 81
im almost posotive that was the only survivor but neither me nor my friends really understood what happened at the end. I thought all of zion was destroyed and only those people were left. But he thought that the machines only got by the one checkpoint where there was the sole survivor. Anyone know for sure?

May 16, 2003 at 1:22 AM Post #8 of 81
I saw things differently.

The way I saw it, the 'one' was an unavoidable result of the matrix. The machines saw that the 'one' could pretty much screw them over bigtime. Some people don't accept the matrix, and cause trouble. If these people were freed, they'd eventually get so powerful as to overpower the machines, if they aren't the matrix crashes and they loose their power source. Sooo, the machines decide to take care of both at once. They kill the humans freed on a regular basis: whenever the 'one' appears. To keep the 'one' from ****ing them over, they give him a choice: either help them repopulate the free humans (and keep the matrix going), or don't help them and stop the matrix for good, but doom humanity to extinction.

Quote:

Ah, also: anyone remember at the beginning of the movie, when the agent went inside that guy, and then got sucked out of the phone. Perhaps he is the same guy that the ship picked up(the only survivor)?

I think it was. He looked familliar.

What I want to know, is how the hell did Neo influence the machines in the "real world", or is he really in the "real" world and not still in the matrix?

ARRRRRRRRRRRG.

May 16, 2003 at 1:37 AM Post #9 of 81
Neo has some connection either with fate or physically with Agent Smith. Because of the connection he could control the robots, that or it was the "excess" endowed to him by the Matrix.

Remember how he said he could feel them? Somehow he's tapping into their programming... my bets on it's got something to do with Smith.

May 16, 2003 at 1:42 AM Post #10 of 81
ive thought this through ZION IS NOT GONE. if zion is gone all matrix is gone and robots are gone because power is lost. IF neo had everyone in the matrix killed him and the other survivors could live and the machines would die

May 16, 2003 at 1:44 AM Post #11 of 81
Zion is gone (if we are to take the given account seriously)... The Matrix did not exist in Zion. Remember that Zion is deep inside the earth and that all the human batteries are up and away and ALL OVER OH NO!

May 16, 2003 at 1:53 AM Post #12 of 81
ohya... how about this
agent smith says that he felt "some strange connection" to neo since the first incident->
Neo felt "some strange connection" to the squid things at the end and then could control them.
Now if Neo gets more in control of that could he do whatever he wants with the matrix also?

May 16, 2003 at 2:02 AM Post #13 of 81
Did you see the Revolutions trailer? The part where Neo and Smith punch each other definitely illustrates the connection.

I don't think Neo would be able to do EVERYTHING since he is directly connected to the Matrix with his mind... he is physically limited and was only able to stop the robots because of some psychic connection with another entity who had access to influencing the Matrix.

May 16, 2003 at 2:04 AM Post #14 of 81
actually, now that I think about it, zion is not gone. The counter-attack force is gone, destroyed. Zion still lives though. Also, if you watch the revolutions trailer, you can clearly see sentinels descending on the city and those mech type things defending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back