1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Matrix Mini-i Pro Impressions?

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by senpai3330, Dec 19, 2013.
First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20
Next

Last
  1. FourT6and2

Cool, thanks. Any noise or hum or anything? And just to confirm, the big ol' volume knob on the front of the unit controls the volume to the monitors via the XLR?

2. socks mk2
    [redacted]

3. FourT6and2

No idea what ASIO is. But I'll look it up :)

Is there a benefit to running this thing in DAC mode vs one of the Pre modes? If running in DAC mode, I'd have to then use yet another gadget as a volume control. Like that dedicated pot/knob from TC Electronics or something.

4. socks mk2
    [redacted]

5. FourT6and2

Ah, ASIO seems like a good thing to have. Although I have an older MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard, so not sure if that matters?

6. socks mk2
    [redacted]

7. White Lotus
    I don't have any buzzing out of my RCA outputs - perhaps you have an earthing issue? 

8. socks mk2
    [redacted]

9. White Lotus
    It might be power in your house. Try the speakers on a different circuit - in another room, maybe?

10. socks mk2
    [redacted]

11. White Lotus
    No worries. If I lived in your area, I'd be happy to help you out! 

12. Fir33
    Did they fix stuttering on high rate PCM ?
    EDIT
    I just installed new update and received stuttering on mp3 320 kbps files :frowning2:
    Reverting to old version :wink:

13. socks mk2
    [redacted]

14. burdie
    I once have the same problem like yours, i think the only different is the PC computer, i am using notebook.
    XLR connection no doubt will reduce the humm but I still can hear it 'only' when I place my ear very close to the speaker.
    Adding usb isolator/filter like ifi ipurifier also not solving the humm as it is AC related ground loop.
    Disconnect +5V from USB cable won't work either as the humming still transmitted through data line.
    You can go for linear power supply for your PC but that is very expensive investment, I solved my humming problem using cheapest solution, only connect the AC hot & cold to the PC, no ground connection
    Recently I read some where that adding pci-e usb card may be a solution, but i haven't try.

15. alex-dsd
    Hi
    Hellenback,
    Is there any benefit of using Matrix mini-i Pro (2015) with Gustard U12?
    Thank you in advance,
    Alex

First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20
Next

Last