1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Matrix M-Stage best for $250?

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by nastyskillz, Dec 12, 2010.
  1. nastyskillz
    Is the Matrix M-Stage the best amp for $250? I think it's a solid state amp. this will most likely be used with HD 650s so i'm not sure if a SS or tube will do me better. 

On a side note I really wish there was a sticky thread with best amps at each price point. The same for headphones. I know everyone has their own opinions on what is considered best, but at least there could be some reference .

2. zlobby

Quote:

Schiit Asgard, as well as a used Gilmore Lite would be contenders to the Mstage 

3. nastyskillz

Quote:

Ok. Thank you. From what I have read from comparisons, many people favor the M Stage to the Asgard.

4. nastyskillz
    Any other recommendations?

5. Kilosonic
    For my own situation, I was considering the m-stage, lovely cube, little dot mkiv se, dark voice 3322, & ming da m84c07. I was actually gonna pull the trigger on the ming da until i found out about the m-stage lol. Next up, wanna get the Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear :)