Matrix Audio Mini-i 3 and Mini-i Pro3 DAC
Apr 7, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #109 of 193
I thought to poke my head in to say I just listened to the Matrix pro in my system over the weekend , I just wanted to say I’m impressed , very impressed.
A friend invited himself over bringing along his Matrix pro and we sat there for the better part of an afternoon enjoying some music .

Anyway I think for at the asking price the Matrix pro is an absurd bang for the buck dac and should be taken seriously proving once again high retail prices generally on components have no bearing on performance,...

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #110 of 193
I thought to poke my head in to say I just listened to the Matrix pro in my system over the weekend , I just wanted to say I’m impressed , very impressed.
A friend invited himself over bringing along his Matrix pro and we sat there for the better part of an afternoon enjoying some music .

Anyway I think for at the asking price the Matrix pro is an absurd bang for the buck dac and should be taken seriously proving once again high retail prices generally on components have no bearing on performance,...
Yes, the Dac implementation on the Pro Mini 3 is exceptional not to mention, Roon streaming and all the other features packed in this small enclosure.

Apr 13, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #111 of 193
Matrix just updated the firmware on my device to firmware version C713B8.
These is no information yet on Matrix Audio website so, I do not have firmware change log information yet to share.
I hope to see some improvements especially in the case of better remote usage such as volume ramping etc.

Apr 13, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #112 of 193
Matrix just updated the firmware on my device to firmware version C713B8.
These is no information yet on Matrix Audio website so, I do not have firmware change log information yet to share.
I hope to see some improvements especially in the case of better remote usage such as volume ramping etc.
I'm experiencing some issues with dsd formats through Roon Streaming either wifi or ethernet

Apr 14, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #113 of 193
Giangi it looks like they may have resolved your specific issue.

Firmware version:

C713A8

C713B8

What’s new:

Fixed the issue of intermittent noise occurs when playback Native DSD audio through USB Audio port.

Added characters & ^ ~ ` and | to the input keyboard of Wi-Fi password.

Fixed several bugs that may cause the device to freeze.

Fixed the issue that sometimes the volume cannot be adjusted.

Other UI issues were fixed.

Apr 14, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #114 of 193
Giangi it looks like they may have resolved your specific issue.

Firmware version:

C713A8

C713B8

What’s new:

Fixed the issue of intermittent noise occurs when playback Native DSD audio through USB Audio port.

Added characters & ^ ~ ` and | to the input keyboard of Wi-Fi password.

Fixed several bugs that may cause the device to freeze.

Fixed the issue that sometimes the volume cannot be adjusted.

Other UI issues were fixed.
No, the issue is still present. I have that updating. The issue isn't via usb, but via Roon Streaming either wifi or ethernet

Apr 14, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #115 of 193
Got you, i have email3d Matrix several time with quick responses. Just note they are on a different time zone. But I found them to respond quickly with any question. Did you emaile them about your specific issue? Tonigh when I get back, I’ll play some DSD files and see if I can recreate the intermittent issue your having and reply back to the thread.

Apr 14, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #116 of 193
Got you, i have email3d Matrix several time with quick responses. Just note they are on a different time zone. But I found them to respond quickly with any question. Did you emaile them about your specific issue? Tonigh when I get back, I’ll play some DSD files and see if I can recreate the intermittent issue your having and reply back to the thread.
Yes sure! Very quick response. I sent them the Roon log file. They are investigating the problem

Apr 14, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #117 of 193
Excellent good to know, hope you get your issue resolved, and again I’ll try some dsd files and see what I uncover and report back.

May 24, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #118 of 193
My Matrix Mini just initiated an update to C813B8 yesterday. Seems this update has resolved a few bugs. Auto dimming, auto standby and auto back to home from menu are now working. I checked their site, no change log.

updated to the new firmware released today, C813B8 on my Matrix mini-i Pro 3 and all the bugs we reported last month have been fixed. Auto dimming, auto standby and auto back to home from menu are fulling working now.
Change log,

Firmware version:

C813A8

C813B8

What’s new:

1. Fixed the issue that the automatic display brightness function is invalid in firmware C713A8/C713B8;
  2. Fixed the issue that the automatic standby function is invalid in firmware C713A8/C713B8;
  3. Fixed the issue that after entering the input selection menu and setting menu in firmware C713A8/C713B8, it will not automatically return to the main interface after timeout

Last edited:
May 25, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #119 of 193
Have people tried this dac/amp with a Focal clear? I am worried about the output resistance (Focal clear only has 55). Been reading great things about this one and would love something with such a pretty and small form factor for my desk

May 25, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #120 of 193
I’m using this paired with a Violectric V280 via XLR and it’s been great. Also used the RCA out to a Liquid Platinum, and that was fine. Even using the balanced 4.4mm headphone out I haven’t experienced a noticeably inferior sound or distortion. My headphones are HIFIMAN Arya, He6seV2, Focal Clear, and HD600. I have another amp on the way (Singxer SA-1) so perhaps my opinion can still change, but so far it’s been great with what I have. I don’t have any low impedance dynamics other than the Clear to try though.

What was your experience with the Focal clear comparing the Matrix audio with the Singxer? These are 2 devices I am planning to listen to in the near future :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back