Matched Vacuum Tube Pairs 6922 E88CC 6dj8 ecc88 7308 E188CC 7DJ8 PCC88 O-Getters D-Getters Some Pinched Waists tubes for Lyr2 Mjolnir 2 Siemens Telefunken Philips and more

Trader History (22)
  1. kolkoo
    Type:
    For Sale
    Currency:
    USD
    Price:
    Ship to:
    • Anywhere
    Hi guys,

I plan to update this classified overtime. I have a ton of 6922 tubes (and perhaps some 2C51) for sale (due to having too many and venturing into a new type of tubes atm).

All tubes ship from Sofia, Bulgaria (where I live). Shipping should be to anywhere but please ask first. I've mostly shipped to Europe, USA, Canada and Australia so far. So I don't know if there would be any issues shipping outside of these countries.

Current tube stock list is going to be kept in this spreadsheet which I will update as I add / sell more tubes:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YlbMFwlUE7j7z1ZveOWIx0OTH5iVOqBL0zFhcjbqobw

In there you have all the info I could think of including prices, shipping, payment, measurements, etc.

If you are new to Vacuum Tubes it helps reading the descriptions how different tube types sound written by Brent Jessee here http://www.audiotubes.com/6dj8.htm . I believe I agree with most of them.

I've currently started off with some rare tube types and here's my personal opinion in my audio chain about them:

1) PCC88/7DJ8 D-Getter with Pinched Waist made in Heerlen, Holland - A nice sweet tube slightly sonicly veiled (all Heerlen PCC88s are) with better bass than their E88CC PW siblings and much cheaper as well. If you have nice HPs that are a little edgy these will be great for you! Most of these were made only in 1957 and early 1958!

2) PCC88/7DJ8 D-Getter made in Heerlen, Holland - most of these were made mid 1958 and later. They are about the same as their previous older Pinched Waisted brethren perhaps you just get a little less of everything.

3) E88CC Telefunken Fat O-Getters Silver Rods - Early 60s made in Ulm Germany. Telefunken tubes are very famous, however most people don't know that there can be a huuuge difference in sonics between the early Teles and the later ones. Telefunken tubes had several revisions:
    • Earliest type 1956 Gold pins, Gold rods, Gold wires from pins to plate. (Also know as Triple gold). Fat O getter. These are unobtanium. Can't say anything about them - never had them.
    • Later type 1957-1959 - Gold pins, Gold rods, Fat O Getter. I've had two pairs of these one of which I've sold (and I regret that). These are insanely amazing tubes better or on par with the best I've ever had. They have the general house Telefunken sound with airy highs (can be even harsh on my HD800 but somehow I like that it's not too much!) great low end slam and extension, and slightly warmer mids (super slightly but really nice imo).
    • Later type early 1960s - Fat O-Getter, Silver rods. These are the ones you see for sale here (if they have not sold already!). They are just a lesser version of the previous ones, slightly more analytical with less low end and mids.
    • Early to mid 60s type - Thin O-Getter inclined getter post, even thinner than the previous ones. Still wonderful tubes though.
    • 1968 onwards - Thin O- Getter with straight ribbed getter post - most analytical, high not as airy.
    4) Heerlen E88CC (CCa prints) - these are your standard warm made in Heerlen, Holland, Philips tubes, starting with 1960 until the 1980s (or more?) . When I say they are warm - they are not super warm, they still have a decent soundstage with airy highs, but certainly you can feel the warmth in the mids. Oh and btw I don't hear any different depending on print color. The white print pair is discounted because it has lower emission but the Gm value + Mu / RP matching is spot on !

5) The Siemens A-Frames from 70s - if you are looking for an entry level 6922 tube pair this is it. Very transparent perhaps even harsh on occasion, bass is nice and punchy.

6) E88CC Mullard Mitcham from mid-60s - warm and wonderful tubes from the British Mitcham factory. If you want to tame an already harsh chain these are for you. Personally I really enjoy the Mullard Mitcham tubes (especially the earlier ones).

2. kolkoo
    bump

3. Guidostrunk
    Folks. If you need tubes. Look no further than this thread! I've known Kolkoo for some time on the Lyr thread. You won't find a more honest deal ANYWHERE!

koover likes this.
  4. kolkoo
    bump

5. Dassrull
    Hi!

I just bought a Lyr 1 and now I'm looking to try out some tubes.
    I think there are some GE tubes in it now, have not taken them out yet.
    What do you recommend?
    I feel like I'm at least missing separation and depth. Also there is a lot of noise.

6. Guidostrunk
    Send him a pm with your budget. :wink:

Dassrull likes this.
  7. Dassrull
    Could you please help me identifying the tubes that was in the Lyr 1 I bought yesterday.
    20181110_221214.jpg 20181110_221152.jpg 20181110_221120.jpg

8. kolkoo
    6N1P Voskhod Rockets 1976

Dassrull likes this.