Masters & Dynamics MW75 New Headphones
Feb 17, 2024 at 3:49 PM Post #271 of 275
I can't get over how good-looking these headphones are :o2smile:

IMG_3673.jpeg

Feb 19, 2024 at 4:36 AM Post #273 of 275
As you say, M&D is hardly discussed… My view…

I have 3 M&D: a MW75 (silver & brown), a MW60 (red), and a MH40 (dark blue). To me—and this is very subjective—they are just beautiful… The aesthetics and the (guilty) pleasure of owning a nice, well crafted, object were enough to purchase them.
And they’ve stayed nice and have held very well… Quality is excellent, and… I hardly use them!

Here’s the thing, I own way too many headphones ( :) ) and I can’t find a single scenario where the M&D’s would be my first choice. MW75? My ML5909 sounds much much better. I even prefer the sound of my modest AKG N700NC. I would not take my ML5909 on the go, but neither the MW75–that’s my Sonoflow or XM5 duty. And so on…

I think the main reason M&D is not discussed much is that, although they are not bad headphones, they are just not good enough at any particular thing…
Will the MH40 earpads fit on the MW75?

Feb 19, 2024 at 9:00 AM Post #274 of 275
Will the MH40 earpads fit on the MW75?
No, unfortunately. The MH40 earpads are flat, located by 2 pins on the headphone side. The MW75 earpads have an outer lip used to position them. The magnets are also in different positions.
It’s too bad, because they are about the same size & shape… The MH40 earpads have a thinner wall—so larger for the ear, perhaps at the price of more pressure feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back