Mastering reference headphone amplifier with DAC for just $1.495!!!
Mar 12, 2002 at 10:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

sacriste

100+ Head-Fier
I hope I’m the first to post this. Just as a courtesy for those of you who can afford it (and because I'm curious), I found this in Mix magazine:
The Grace Design model 901 reference headphone amplifier. It's a recording studio headamp that accepts both analog and digital inputs (up to 24/96). If it sounds good to Bob Ludwig, could be O.K. to me. At $1495.00, is way less expensive than top headamps that do just amplification. It makes me thing that some companies are taking advantage of our beautiful obsession…Rich head-fiers, please, buy one and write a review. If you don’t like it I can help you crashing the thing. But let me have it for some years at home to hate it just like you (or maybe more). More years, I mean…Or more hate if you prefer.
very_evil_smiley.gif

O.K. Here's the link. Don't hit me!

Mar 12, 2002 at 10:46 PM Post #2 of 10
Wish I could see a top view of it...otherwise from the angles I see of it, it looks kinda cheaply built especially that volume knob.

On the other hand, if we round it up to $1.50, than the build quality makes more sense.
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2002 at 11:12 PM Post #3 of 10
eek.gif
The poll seems one-sided.

Do you like to eat bull testicles? (hey, it was on Fear Factor once
tongue.gif
)
Choices: YES or VERY MUCH

Mar 12, 2002 at 11:53 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Possum
eek.gif
The poll seems one-sided.

Do you like to eat bull testicles? (hey, it was on Fear Factor once
tongue.gif
)
Choices: YES or VERY MUCH

Mu.

Mar 13, 2002 at 12:19 AM Post #5 of 10
$1.495? Hold up, let me check under the couch cushions...
wink.gif

Mar 13, 2002 at 1:18 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin
$1.495? Hold up, let me check under the couch cushions...
wink.gif

My guess is that Venezuela, like Denmark, has the opposite use of "," and "." in numbers...

$1.000 would be a thousand dollars to me, while $1,000 would be a silly way of writing $1...

Mar 13, 2002 at 6:04 AM Post #7 of 10
Thing is, it's "$1.495" in the title, but it's "$1495.00" in the first post. So if your system was used, that second number translates to almost fifteen thousand dollars. Not that it really matters... we get the point.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 13, 2002 at 12:15 PM Post #8 of 10
I corrected the number. My keyboard is in Spanish, that's why.
But you now what's my point. I know HeadRoom is loaning amps for free and you don't want to have problems with them, but, please, compare to a any headamp of the same price or double this and seems not fair, IF THIS SOUNDS GREAT of course.

Mar 13, 2002 at 12:54 PM Post #9 of 10
And YES the poll is one sided, 2.0.0.0. IQ guy, and you can choose all the options at once!!! HAHAHA
very_evil_smiley.gif
. Headamp companies are one sided too, they ALL charge too much. AND, by the way, you have the JMT side...
wink.gif

Mar 14, 2002 at 2:25 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin
Thing is, it's "$1.495" in the title, but it's "$1495.00" in the first post. So if your system was used, that second number translates to almost fifteen thousand dollars. Not that it really matters... we get the point.
smily_headphones1.gif

OkayDokey Mister Bullet, you win...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back