Master & Dynamic MW07 Plus Impressions
Apr 8, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #31 of 104
Is important the people looking in this thread remembering this thread is about the new model MW07 Plus, is not about MW07 (old model). I don't having the old MW07 now for comparing the two models but I'm not happy with old model when I hearing it last year. After almost 5 months I'm very happy still with the new Plus model.

May 4, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #34 of 104
I copy this post I writing one minute ago in Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 thread.

I receiving mtw2 4 days ago and is good earphone and is better than mtw1, but I thinking now is maybe I sending back to Amazon. Is only 4 days but the battery in the earphones is never 7 hours like Sennheiser is saying and I don't using the awareness or ANC mode and the volume isn't high.

I having before mtw1 but the problem of the battery was big problem because is always finishing in the earphones and in the case quickly when I'm not using the earphones in 4 or 5 days. I returning mtw1 quickly.

I'm big bad surprise because the ANC in mtw2 is very bad, is almost not different when is on or off.

The sound is very good, is like mwt1, but the sound isn't everything. Now I think I'm liking a little more the sound of the master & dynamic MW07 plus. The ANC in the mw07 plus is better than mtw2 and before I thinking mw07 plus ANC isn't good! This is why I thinking ANC in mtw2 is terrible.

I coming back here in 3 or 4 days and saying my decision. In this moment I thinking mw07 plus is better option generally in different aspects and I think I decide keeping it ultimately, but the mtw2 is good too in other aspects and I needing testing more.

May 7, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #35 of 104
They share a very similar shape to the Louis Vuitton Horizon TWS. I wonder if the LV's are rebranded M&D MW07's.

Last edited:
May 7, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #36 of 104
May 21, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #39 of 104
I've been following any thread on MW07 go/plus for a while, and just got the MW07 go's. I've listened to them for about a week now (around 50 hours) and I think they do sound better now than out of the box (whether that's due to burn in or better fit, pick your delusion). I'm coming from the Shure SE215 wired special edition (enhanced bass) and I must say, the MW07 edges the wired SE215 in a couple ways. First, I think the clarity is where the MW07 excels most compared to the wired SE215. The mids and highs are crystal clear and are not muddied at all. It almost sounds like I'm at a studio listening to artists recording their songs. I also think there is more bass extension ("sub-bass") on the MW07 compared to SE215. But the mid-bass is larger and more expansive on the SE215. This results in the MW07's bass sounding tighter and more controlled but with more of the sub-bass "roar". But the SE215 has more "boom". I think the fit on these are very important - I have very peculiar ear canals and the large Shure black foam (olive) tips fit me well, so I modified them to fit the MW07. None of the ear tips included with the MW07 created an adequate seal for me. Lastly, I know these don't support AAC, but I have an iPhone 7 and I listen to Spotify premium. Spotify premium does not have the highest quality bitrates (I think they have around 192?) but I could still appreciate the sound quality. IMG_3183.jpg

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #41 of 104
Can you please elaborate a bit on how you modified the Shure Olives to fit the MW07s? Sounds interesting.
It wasn't really any type of ingenious engineering. I think the new Shure black foam tips come with a lighter colored star or hexagonal shape connector piece that fits into the nozzle. These I found to be slightly larger in size than the old circular connector piece that came with the Shure black foam tips. The old Shure olive connectors are too small -- I tried stretching them, but they just ripped. I gently stretched the star connector piece with some small plyers and that did the trick. I asked Shure whether all of their black foam tips come with the star/hexagonal shape connector piece but their rep was completely useless. So I'm still unsure if I buy the black foam tips from Amazon or Shure website, whether all of them will have the star shape connector. On the other hand, I just ordered some MandarinE Symbio F Larges to see how they are.

May 24, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #45 of 104
I copy this post I writing one minute ago in Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 thread.

I receiving mtw2 4 days ago and is good earphone and is better than mtw1, but I thinking now is maybe I sending back to Amazon. Is only 4 days but the battery in the earphones is never 7 hours like Sennheiser is saying and I don't using the awareness or ANC mode and the volume isn't high.

I having before mtw1 but the problem of the battery was big problem because is always finishing in the earphones and in the case quickly when I'm not using the earphones in 4 or 5 days. I returning mtw1 quickly.

I'm big bad surprise because the ANC in mtw2 is very bad, is almost not different when is on or off.

The sound is very good, is like mwt1, but the sound isn't everything. Now I think I'm liking a little more the sound of the master & dynamic MW07 plus. The ANC in the mw07 plus is better than mtw2 and before I thinking mw07 plus ANC isn't good! This is why I thinking ANC in mtw2 is terrible.

I coming back here in 3 or 4 days and saying my decision. In this moment I thinking mw07 plus is better option generally in different aspects and I think I decide keeping it ultimately, but the mtw2 is good too in other aspects and I needing testing more.
I agree with you. I prefer the sq slightly on the mw07 plus to the mtw2 but both are excellent and the best available for tws. The anc is a wash. Not great for either. To me it comes down to fit. I cannto get a good fit with the mw07. They just slip out no matter what. So I kept the mtw2. Both are superb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back