Master & Dynamic MW07 Plus Impressions
Jan 12, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #17 of 104
I have an endless supply of spinfits but they all cause the xm3(for me) to wobble when walking and that drives me bonkers after a min or two. Oh I forgot to mention the mw07 plus give you basic water resistance as well. Pretty sure the xm3 still don’t have any rating.
Yeah, I agree with that but they sound amazing. I have other TW for the active times that have high IP. Sonys are for non-active times.

Feb 22, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #18 of 104
Yeah, I agree with that but they sound amazing. I have other TW for the active times that have high IP. Sonys are for non-active times.

I also picked these up a couple weeks ago. I was hesitant given lack of AAC (c'mon really for $300?) + no app, but overall I am very pleased. Surprisingly, I can't notice any difference SBC vs. APTX--although I can on over-ear headphones (e.g. PX). I've checked/double-checked that it's using the correct codecs. I think these drivers must be tuned extremely well or there is some sort of digital processing that improves the sound. Anyone else notice any artifacts running SBC on these cans? I don't know if BT 5.0 + SBC is now allows more of the bandwidth to be used to increase fidelity or what.

Feb 28, 2020 at 5:50 AM Post #19 of 104
I am looking at the MW07 Plus, however are they plagued with bluetooth connectivity issues as I experience with numerous other TW earphones? In the past each time I turn my head to the right, the connectivity drops, rending them pointless for commuting purposes. I have full size bluetooth headphones that do not exhibit any connectivity issues even at places like train stations for example, and as much as I would like a pair of MW07 Plus's this would be a dealbreaker for me. Any feedback appreciated.

Feb 28, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #20 of 104
I am looking at the MW07 Plus, however are they plagued with bluetooth connectivity issues as I experience with numerous other TW earphones? In the past each time I turn my head to the right, the connectivity drops, rending them pointless for commuting purposes. I have full size bluetooth headphones that do not exhibit any connectivity issues even at places like train stations for example, and as much as I would like a pair of MW07 Plus's this would be a dealbreaker for me. Any feedback appreciated.
While I haven’t tried them at any subways I’ve taken mine out to crowded events and they worked just fine through a few airports without any drops in connection. Other than AirPods these have been the most stable pair of “true wireless” earbuds I’ve used. Oh and that’s off my fiio m11 with Bluetooth 4.2. I imagine running them off a modern smartphone with Bluetooth 5.0 would make the connection even more reliable.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2020 at 11:52 PM Post #21 of 104

I have not experienced any of this -- however, my use is home/office, but not commuting.

Mar 4, 2020 at 6:13 AM Post #22 of 104
I received my MW07 Plus yesterday and got to try them out and about today. Happy to say, that out of the box these fit pretty well, I will try other tips I have and expect to be using the Spinfits before long. In a packed underground train and at the station the bluetooth connection was rock solid, not a single blip which I found to be incredibly impressive given past bluetooth earphones. They sound lively and fun, the bass has weight without being overpoweing. The small chrome charge box is such high quality, and I love the look and design of these.

Only drawbacks so far is that the noise cancellation isn't up to much but I will be looking at alternate tips which should alleviate that somewhat. The other is a very common problem I find with bluetooth earphones, in that I just wish there was even 10-15% more top end volume on these, my LGV40 volume is maxed along with the earphones hardware volume, but still I could do with a bit more overhead. That said, it is probably *just* loud enough for my taste. Overall, after an hour or so with these I am pretty pleased with them.

Mar 8, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #23 of 104
Ok quick update on the MW07 Plus that is a little bothersome. With ANC on, if there is a loud clank (like a fork hitting a plate) there is a loud "pop" sound. I've reproduced it and it's only with the ANC. Obviously it's some kind of glitch--although this is my first pair of in-ear ANC cans, so I can't comment if they all do this. My over-ear ANC do not. I sent M&D support a question about it and I'll let everyone know what they say--their customer service has been VERY responsive overall to my various questions.

Mar 8, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #24 of 104
I received my MW07 Plus yesterday and got to try them out and about today. Happy to say, that out of the box these fit pretty well, I will try other tips I have and expect to be using the Spinfits before long. In a packed underground train and at the station the bluetooth connection was rock solid, not a single blip which I found to be incredibly impressive given past bluetooth earphones. They sound lively and fun, the bass has weight without being overpoweing. The small chrome charge box is such high quality, and I love the look and design of these.

Only drawbacks so far is that the noise cancellation isn't up to much but I will be looking at alternate tips which should alleviate that somewhat. The other is a very common problem I find with bluetooth earphones, in that I just wish there was even 10-15% more top end volume on these, my LGV40 volume is maxed along with the earphones hardware volume, but still I could do with a bit more overhead. That said, it is probably *just* loud enough for my taste. Overall, after an hour or so with these I am pretty pleased with them.

Just got mine as well and I have similar impressions. Curious if I can get even tighter bass and more isolation with different tips, but without sacrificing comfort.

Have you tried the spinfits yet? And are these the CP100-M versions you're referring to?

SpinFit CP100-M - Patented Silicone Eartips for Replacement (2 Pairs, Medium Size) (4mm Nozzle Dia.) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B793SLU/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_zVAzEb90PZYBK

Mar 8, 2020 at 11:32 PM Post #25 of 104
Thanks for the impressions. I used the first version, and was really frustrated with the battery life of the unit I received. It was advertised as 4 hours on a charge, and I had gotten somewhere around 2.5, so good to see they have increased the battery life significantly.

Mar 9, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #26 of 104
Just a quick update on the odd "pop" sound with clang noises and ANC on--M&D support said to do a hard reset of the buds and gave me the following steps, for anyone interested in trying it out in case you have any issues:

1. Remove both earphones from the case.
  2. Quickly press the Volume + (left earphone) AND the Multi-function button (right earphone) 6 times, and hold on the 6th press until you hear the voice prompt announce "factory reset" in both earphones. (This can be done on each earphone separately or simultaneously. We find it's easier to do this on both earphones at the same time).
    1. Put both earphones next to each other. The earphones are paired to each other when the LEDs stop flashing and start "breathing" as they usually would when pairing to a Bluetooth device.
Note: It can be tricky to perform this procedure so it may take a few tries to achieve pairing.

• Reset your source device. Close any open applications you are not using.

• Try to re-connect your MW07 as if it were the first time connecting.

• Try the MW07 with another device, to see if you are able to recreate this issue across multiple sources

I haven't tried it yet, but will let you know if it solves the issue.

Mar 31, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #27 of 104
Hello, I've read a plethora of reviews online comparing the MW07 (plus/go) and the Senn Momentum TW (version 1). Other than the dreaded battery life of MTW which everyone knows...when it comes to sound quality some say MW07 has more bass, some say MTW has more. The reviews on sound stage is mixed as well. But it does seem like MW07 has more clarity of mids/high than MTW. Can anyone comment on this?

Apr 7, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #28 of 104
I made a full written review about the Master & Dynamic MW07 TWS IEMs :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/04/master-dynamic-mw07-tws-and-mw65-anc-headphones.html

Master-And-Dynamic-MW-07-Bluetooth-Wireless-IEMs-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-10.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back