Massive Attack. The New Album. February 2003.
Nov 26, 2002 at 2:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Basshead Jazz

Head-Fier
Quote:

From CMJ.com:

"Massive Attack will finally release the long awaited follow-up to its critically acclaimed 1998 album Mezzanine in early 2003. Through a series of posts on the group’s official Web site, http://www.massiveattack.com, Robert Del Naja, the half of the duo more widely known as 3-D, has revealed that the new disc is due out in the UK on Feb. 10, with a North American release date currently being looked at for around the same time. The new album, titled 100th Window, will feature nine tracks, including vocal contributions from Sinead O’Connor, Blur’s Damon Albarn (who was inspired to name his Gorillaz alias, 2-D, in homage to Del Naja) and reggae icon Horace Andy (who has been featured on all three previous Massive Attack discs). The new release will mark the first album for the pioneering trip-hop act, which also includes Grant “Daddy G” Marshall, since the departure of its third original member, Andrew “Mushroom” Vowles in 1999. Meanwhile Del Naja also revealed that the group is already pushing forward with yet another album following the long hiatus, with plans to collaborate with Tom Waits and Mos Def (who worked with Massive Attack previously on “I Against I,” a song on the Blade 2 soundtrack)."

Well it's about time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2002 at 2:40 AM Post #2 of 8
Man, the Tom Waits and Massive Attack thing is both surreal and intriguing. I haven't been this excited for a new release in a while
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2002 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 8
I remember once reading the transcripts to a Massive Attack interview. It was bloody awful. More profanities and horrible attitudes than I've ever heard. Hell, if that's what makes them pump out good stuff, leave 'em be, eh?

Nov 27, 2002 at 11:25 AM Post #5 of 8
So excited about the new album

I can't wait to hear more collaboration with Mos Def... I Against I was WAY too good of a song to be relegated to a sound track.

Dec 1, 2002 at 11:22 PM Post #7 of 8
all i say is about time, been waiting a long time for their album, they are just amazing and push the envelope in music (well in my view). No matter what they do, they are pioneers

Dec 2, 2002 at 8:57 AM Post #8 of 8
thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

i agree with all of you, its been too long. i lost hope.

but this news almost makes me forgot that someone "borrowed" my Mezzanine CD without returning it....

thanks for the news basshead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back