1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Massdrop x THX AAA™ 789 Linear Amplifier - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by XERO1, Mar 1, 2018.
First

Back
86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95
97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104
Next

Last
  1. PopZeus
    It always seems like an unspoken thing by companies who have strong ties to manufacturing in China, but I have to wonder if tariffs are impacting the pricing.

2. Focux
    The heck, it was sold out in under an hour

trellus likes this.
  3. Focux
    How about the Liquid Carbon X?

4. Ken G
    I was lucky enough to snag one. The payment confirmation email said they sold 488 today.

5. RestlessZombi
    I got one too, but had I not done it while I was on my phone as i travelled home I wouldn't of had one.

6. Ken G
    I was out and about also and luckily checked my phone email and saw the Notification came out about 20 minutes early that it was available. Clicked through and got it. By the time I got home 10 minutes later I checked again and the drop was gonzo.

Sounds like they will do more in the future though.

7. PopZeus
    The emails get sent out after the drop goes live, so I'd imagine that many are already sold before most even realize it's available.

8. RestlessZombi
    I checked when I got off my train had it been late getting to the station, I probably would have missed it.. 488 is a small drop of the 15000+ that are interested.. :triportsad:

9. Voxata
    I snagged an order to pass onto someone who will want it. I've been asked enough for mine that I figure a friend will want to pick it up regardless.

10. trellus
    Yeah, I was actually working today so I missed the email that was sent to me at 1:05 PM CDT until just now and it was def gone by then. :sweat_smile: Ah well... saved me from myself! :upside_down:

11. Feels like winning the lottery

36aMAN, Fatdoi and Ken G like this.
  12. stimuz
    And zero measurements, which I find very interesting in a direct competitor to the 789(which he gave a glowing review) that he trashed, that he wouldn't show measurements backing it up. Why is that do you think?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  13. He says why. It pissed him off. I can fully understand.

maxxevv likes this.
  14. tamleo
    Hi,
    Some said the 789 had the veil mids. The kind of mids that never pop out etc. What do you think about the mids on both amps? Tks

15. stimuz
    Science!

phthora and alpovs like this.
First

Back
86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95
97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104
Next

Last