1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Massdrop x THX AAA™ 789 Linear Amplifier - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by XERO1, Mar 1, 2018.
First

Back
105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114
116 117 118 119 120
Next

Last
  1. RestlessZombi
    Permission to steal this... Though It'll be a while til I can, Mine's not due for a few months..

2. Widell
    Anyone who can give his/her 2cents THX 789 AAA/Chord Qutest VS Chord Hugo 2 with HD800?

3. Currawong Contributor
    I don't know about with the HD800, but my impressions are that a Hugo 2 direct is more resolving than adding the 789 in the chain. You're just not going to beat NOT adding a bunch of electronics in the chain.

trellus likes this.
  4. Widell
    Thx
    Cancelled the THX drop and ordered the CH2 hope that the 2GO will materialize sooner than later...

5. Waavv
    Has anyone had a chance to compare the 789 to a Marantz Dac 1? Or anything Violectric?

6. Johnsouter
    I've cancelled the Massdrop amp and purchase the Monoprice THX. I'm too impatient. Hope I've not made a big mistake!

7. trellus
    I'm curious about the Monoprice THX but that's easier to get than the Massdrop THX 789, so I'm staying in the drop. Also, I'd prefer to have a pure analog device in this case. The thing with that Monoprice desktop THX DAC/amp is that even the analog input is first brought into the digital domain with an ADC, so there's no way to use it purely as an analog amp.

adeadcrab likes this.
  8. PopZeus
    April drop is now shipping out! Really looking forward to having a dedicated amp again. Not gonna lie though, I’m a bit concerned about how much bass I’ll be getting from my desktop rig 2.0...

robo24 and trellus like this.
  9. hf6576
    I use the same cables with different connectors (RCA/XLR) to test the sound difference between the two kinds of inputs.
    The input signal is not balanced.
    As far as I can tell, there is difference in sound, but the difference is no larger than that possibly caused by the connectors.
    And I have no preference between the two sounds, though I prefer RCA input, because it can goes through the amp and feeds my speakers.

10. robo24
    Yep, I also got notification my April 18th order is shipping 2 weeks ahead of time.

11. escalibur
    Who would’ve thought that the Drop is still active!:)

I’m wondering if they can still ship them all in November.

12. RestlessZombi
    Mine from the April Drop should be with me in two days, kinda got bend over and taken for a ride with Import Duty but kinda knew it wouldn't be cheap... :) I best prepare..

13. Xinlisupreme
    Massdrop THX 789, Aune S7 pro or Gustard H20 with Focal Clear?
    I use Focal with chord Hugo, but I’d like a better open sound.

14. RestlessZombi
    I received and email saying that Sales of 789 will stop tomorrow.. soo.. Get your orders in..

Drop789.jpg

Incidentally mine came today.. just listening to it :) So much power.. (Old Design with Massdrop on the back, from April Orders)

trellus likes this.
  15. Xinlisupreme
    I saw you will be in pending till 15 November if you order now

First

Back
105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114
116 117 118 119 120
Next

Last