1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Massdrop x THX AAA™ 789 Linear Amplifier - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by XERO1, Mar 1, 2018.
First

Back
97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106
108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116
Next

Last
  1. Fatdoi
    That's exactly what happened when I changed from 3.5mm to 2.5mm balanced.. Subtle yet obvious not night and day others may hope for..

2. Cirkustanz
    I'm so getting tired of waiting. I got in on the May drop, so waiting a month just to see the email that it will be delayed another month sucked. I'm expecting it to be delayed again, from what I read from previous posts.

I really hate massdrop, and this will be the last purchase I make from them.

3. sennfan83261
    Us February folks had to wait too, and so it goes.

4. bequietjk
    When you buy into this you accept the fact that you are not going to get it very fast! Delays happen and when products are pushed this far out till shipment that's just extra time that setbacks can happen.

Be patient. Don't get worked up over it. If you want one earlier they are readily available but at marked up prices from people who have purchased multiple units in the past. You already know what they're selling for. This is the only option for many individuals who did not have the chance to buy one and get on the shipping list like those of you waiting for yours.

Enjoy your music with the rig that you have now! This is the waiting game you must play and in the end it will be worth it.

Stay blessed.

Fat 5miley and Wheel Hoss like this.
  5. Cirkustanz
    Yeah, funny thing is...I have access to one right now. Someone I know bought one in a prior drop and a few weeks later they got relocated. He's borrowing some portable gear from me that he needs since he's in temporary housing for a while, and I'm borrowing his amp.

Here's to hoping the construction of his house keeps getting delayed! I would be sad having to go back to my prior amp.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  6. Nitronium
    May I suggest the monoprice 788?

7. Fatdoi
    This amp is well known for its scarcity and long delays and delivery... I though by now everyone who's lucky enough to be part of the drop would accept the waiting period...

8. whohasaquestion
    I got in on the May drop too. What's your source of delayed delivery?

9. Cirkustanz
    Massdrop emailed everyone a few weeks back that the planned ship date of the end of august is now moved to september.

10. whohasaquestion
    I did not get that memo.

Mine still says Aug 30 as estimated ship date.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  11. prymortal
    Thats a placeholder, mine says the same. but they E-mailed saying its changed to September as Cirkustanz says.

12. Th3Drizzl3
    i got the email also i believe they gave out a 10$ coupon to those who are delayed. or i think thats where it came from.

13. RestlessZombi
    Mine still says 30th August too, but I got mine as part of the April Drop that happened about a week before the drop that most seem to be discussing. I haven't received any emails either. The update is saw was that there was 500 Units for the April Drop and 1000 for the May Drop, I don't know if it matters when you made the purchase.

14. dweekie
    Got the email on June 27. Check your spam.

15. whohasaquestion
    I think you’re right. I got in on the April drop, not later. But i am surprised they also got aug 30 as ship date.

First

Back
97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106
108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116
Next

Last