Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee Review & Measurements
Jun 27, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #751 of 4,845
New Zealander here, just got mine today. I'm surprised that I seem to have gotten them earlier than some Americans. First impressions are good, didn't even know they changed the headband padding to the new style (650/6XX/660S), nice. Gonna burn them in for a bit.
page-50

view

view
Dude, you need to delete this post. When certain Americans find out a Kiwi already got their Precious they will lose their minds. Please tell me it's NOT numbered below 500?? That will cause so much angst!
Save us all 30 posts of complaints and just lie and say you are mad and suspicious and never ordering again...

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #752 of 4,845
I'm not sure why you are asking how they sound in this thread, don't you know you are in the bash, whinge, complain and spread conspiracy theories thread?
Lol, you think anyone is actually here to talk about how they sound??

Aweosome! But this thread ain't complete until sosolar pops up claiming Massdrop stole his phone design from 1993.
As Steve Forbert wrote years ago "Sadly Sorta Like a Soap Opera"

Jun 27, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #753 of 4,845
For anyone waiting for tomorrow’s d

Dang, that’s quick! DHL Global? It took 16 days for them to deliver my 6xx to Australia.

Yup, DHL

Dude, you need to delete this post. When certain Americans find out a Kiwi already got their Precious they will lose their minds. Please tell me it's NOT numbered below 500?? That will cause so much angst!
Save us all 30 posts of complaints and just lie and say you are mad and suspicious and never ordering again...

Hehe, let me enjoy this rare occasion :darthsmile: although mine is numbered 4331

Jun 27, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #754 of 4,845
Ok...bask in the glory. Now that I think of it, you live in a far off land, you do deserve to know what it's like to get stuff in a timely fashion. Good for you!
(I live in California, with the exception of ordering things from China, it sometimes seems like things show up before I realize I have ordered them.)

Jun 27, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #755 of 4,845
I'm not sure why you are asking how they sound in this thread, don't you know you are in the bash, whinge, complain and spread conspiracy theories thread?
Lol, you think anyone is actually here to talk about how they sound??

Nah, was hoping to hear impressions since people are starting to receive their Jubilees.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #756 of 4,845
Nah, was hoping to hear impressions since people are starting to receive their Jubilees.
Oh, I gave up on reading people's impressions, this thread isn't about that. It's about people venting their anger at the process. It's all a part of the process of buying from Massdrop....it's like a marriage that starts out rocky. You have to be patient, it's going to chill out and soon people will begin to talk about their feelings and impressions instead of stamping their feet and yelling about how unfair it all is....

Jun 27, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #758 of 4,845
okay so for those who got the lower serial number def contact massdrop they worked with me and I'm happy with the outcome. kudos to them for how they resolved it for me. I'm keeping my set also.
HOW DO THEY SOUND?????
sorry...I snapped. We are all SUPER fascinated by the PROCESS of getting them, please tell us more...did the box smell the way you hoped it would? Was the person that delivered it attractive to you in some way?

Jun 27, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #759 of 4,845
Just received my shipping notification, they went out today - NICE. At time of the purchase, it stated they wouldn't go out until Monday. Quick, simple and painless, I like it. I will definitely leave some feedback on the sound, as this thread definitely needs a lot more of that lol

Jun 27, 2018 at 11:59 PM Post #760 of 4,845
okay so for those who got the lower serial number def contact massdrop they worked with me and I'm happy with the outcome. kudos to them for how they resolved it for me. I'm keeping my set also.

Would please describe what Massdrop offered you?
I also purchased a low serial numbered model and believe that they sent me out a high serial number one instead (from their email to me). I'm still waiting for delivery but would like to know what to expect from them when it comes.

If you're not comfortable with posting publicly your offer, would you mind sending me a PM instead?

Jun 28, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #762 of 4,845
Would please describe what Massdrop offered you?
I also purchased a low serial numbered model and believe that they sent me out a high serial number one instead (from their email to me). I'm still waiting for delivery but would like to know what to expect from them when it comes.

If you're not comfortable with posting publicly your offer, would you mind sending me a PM instead?
riveting. absolutely marvelous.

Jun 28, 2018 at 12:18 AM Post #763 of 4,845
Ended up caving and got in on the drop. Hoping the driver is indeed something new. Also hoping that the sound is not as warm as the FR suggests. Would love some early impressions about the sound.
Sigh, I wish you people would stop crapping up this thread with requests for sound impressions, that is NOT what this thread is about.

Jun 28, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #764 of 4,845
To anyone who received theirs, how do you like the treble? Any comparisons to the 600s?

Jun 28, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #765 of 4,845
To anyone who received theirs, how do you like the treble? Any comparisons to the 600s?
wrong thread bro. people aren't here to talk about how the headphones sound, they are here to talk about how the process of buying the headphones made them feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back