Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee Review & Measurements
Jun 26, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #691 of 4,845
So did the purchase drop open and close today, and I missed it? Or is tomorrow the 1st day? Why is Massdrop only selling a select number of these per day, within an unknown time frame? Why not just take orders until they're gone? Too hard to keep track of or something? I'm curious to see what the price is going to be for the units they have on hand.
AFAIK it's going to be tomorrow. I think Massdrop does it that way so you enter their site more often.

Jun 26, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #692 of 4,845
Because Massdrop is a locally owned business based out of the USA and hasn't decided/can't afford to station itself in Europe? How should I know why there isn't a Massdrop in Europe, I don't own the business. Blaming it on Sennheiser is just misguided anger, though.
Who makes the headphones? Not massdrop.... sure they may have a importnat role in the development and tunning but in the end is sennheiser who makes the headphones, so i would say my anger is definitely not misguided.

Jun 26, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #693 of 4,845
The drop is scheduled to start on the 27th.

Jun 26, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #694 of 4,845
Who makes the headphones? Not massdrop.... sure they may have a importnat role in the development and tunning but in the end is sennheiser who makes the headphones, so i would say my anger is definitely not misguided.

An American company created a group buy business which in turn provides guaranteed business to Sennheiser in a large quantity. If you organized a group buy of tens of thousands of the product, you could probably get Sennheiser to do the same for you. This isn’t anyone’s fault and there’s no reason to be upset. Your country charges taxes/fees that may make it less impressive as a deal, but that’s something you’ll have to take up with your politicians. You could move to the USA. You have options, but you may not like them. This is a business transaction that isn’t only a bad deal for you because of your country’s tax policies. Or maybe be mad that the USA has better taxes in this regard, but we have failures because of that in other areas of our lives. You’re not going to get it all.

In other news, Massdrop gave me options for the serial number fiasco that I’m happy with and they were quick to resolve the issue. While it’s disappointing, their customer service has been really good the few times I’ve needed it.

Jun 26, 2018 at 10:12 PM Post #696 of 4,845
Sounds like a business opportunity to me - start your own EUcentric version of Massdrop.
or perhaps vote in a government which doesn't consider each citizen to be a tax asset to be fleeced?
Massdrop is a USA based corporation which imports it's products from various countries worldwide at favorable tariff rates thus allowing them to resell at lower prices within the US. If your country insists on adding exorbitant VAT fees to every sale,plus import tariffs even though this product originated in a EU country, then that's on you. It's your government,change it. Or,like the weather, you can just complain about it.

Jun 26, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #697 of 4,845
As a european citizen and given that Sennheiser is a European brand i cant help to a bit disrespected.... it makes me mad that for us europeans our best option to get into the hd6** series is too get a hd600 from amazon for 270 euros while in america you guys are getting hd650’s and now this hd58x at very low prices....

It feels like Sennheiser doesnt really give a **** about their european costumers.....
Now you know how North American Senn customers felt during the 90's.

Jun 26, 2018 at 11:21 PM Post #698 of 4,845
As someone else pointed out - it works like this: Massdrop contacts company to see if they can make a deal in regards to making X product if Y amount can be sold, if there is an agreement then the drop starts. Once the drop starts, if target amount gets sold then the money is collected and sent off to company making X product. Said company begins making X product and upon completion, it all gets sent to the Massdrop distribution hub. From there, Massdrop is responsible for shipping X product out to customers.

So, yes, Sennheiser makes them but as far as they are concerned, they are making them all for a singular customer - Massdrop - and none of what they are making is going anywhere else. Now, international purchases can be bought through Massdrop, of course, but it still has to be shipped from their hub to anywhere else in the world, hence the added taxation, shipping, etc.

So, be mad about it all you want but it isn't Sennheiser screwing over their customers, it is a specialized product made for a singular customer who, in return, has sold off the product all over the world.

Now, if Sennheiser were to be selling the same product in various locations all over the world excluding yours, well, then it would be their fault. Sennheiser just sees it as a guarantee of a huge chunk of money and their products don't have to sit on a shelf unsold.

Jun 27, 2018 at 12:34 AM Post #699 of 4,845
As a european citizen and given that Sennheiser is a European brand i cant help to a bit disrespected.... it makes me mad that for us europeans our best option to get into the hd6** series is too get a hd600 from amazon for 270 euros while in america you guys are getting hd650’s and now this hd58x at very low prices....

It feels like Sennheiser doesnt really give a **** about their european costumers.....

Sounds like an opportunity for you to me. Start your own massdrop like company in Europe and rake in those Euros. :L3000:

Jun 27, 2018 at 12:56 AM Post #700 of 4,845
Jun 27, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #702 of 4,845
Jude's measurements sure got my curiosity piqued. One thing tho, do they use the same driver as HD660S? If not then is the driver stainless-steel-coated like the HD660S?

Jun 27, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #703 of 4,845
As someone else pointed out - it works like this: Massdrop contacts company to see if they can make a deal in regards to making X product if Y amount can be sold, if there is an agreement then the drop starts. Once the drop starts, if target amount gets sold then the money is collected and sent off to company making X product. Said company begins making X product and upon completion, it all gets sent to the Massdrop distribution hub. From there, Massdrop is responsible for shipping X product out to customers.

So, yes, Sennheiser makes them but as far as they are concerned, they are making them all for a singular customer - Massdrop - and none of what they are making is going anywhere else. Now, international purchases can be bought through Massdrop, of course, but it still has to be shipped from their hub to anywhere else in the world, hence the added taxation, shipping, etc.

So, be mad about it all you want but it isn't Sennheiser screwing over their customers, it is a specialized product made for a singular customer who, in return, has sold off the product all over the world.

Now, if Sennheiser were to be selling the same product in various locations all over the world excluding yours, well, then it would be their fault. Sennheiser just sees it as a guarantee of a huge chunk of money and their products don't have to sit on a shelf unsold.
As a rational human being, I agree with you, but as an emotional european customer I sort of feel mocked, having to pay shipping and VATs and tolls for a product which is manufactured in the EU to begin with.

Jun 27, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #704 of 4,845
Jude's measurements sure got my curiosity piqued. One thing tho, do they use the same driver as HD660S? If not then is the driver stainless-steel-coated like the HD660S?
These are new drivers, not used in any other Sennheiser headphones yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back