Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee Review & Measurements
Jun 1, 2018 at 12:25 AM Post #497 of 4,845
July 31 has been my shipping date from the start. I think I joined by the end of April. Seems likt they are merging shipments to save costs.
No, it depends on when you joined the drop. My estimated shipping is July 6, 2018. Joined the drop on Feb 14, 2018.

My shipping date is still June 29th...I got in on it immediately the instant the very first drop was started in December last year.
Check the your transactions, not the drop page.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2018 at 4:52 AM Post #498 of 4,845
No, it depends on when you joined the drop. My estimated shipping is July 6, 2018. Joined the drop on Feb 14, 2018.

Check the your transactions, not the drop page.

I see. Anyway from my experiences shipping date changes are not uncommon. Hopefully we won't have to wait the full length of it

Jun 1, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #499 of 4,845
I see. Anyway from my experiences shipping date changes are not uncommon. Hopefully we won't have to wait the full length of it
But with massdrop that is a different case altogether. If they have given the date at say may, then they will ship it in june

Jun 1, 2018 at 6:41 AM Post #500 of 4,845
But with massdrop that is a different case altogether. If they have given the date at say may, then they will ship it in june
Of the 4 things Ive received this year, 3 came in early. HIFIMAN HE4xx was one week late.

Jun 1, 2018 at 6:45 AM Post #501 of 4,845
Of the 4 things Ive received this year, 3 came in early. HIFIMAN HE4xx was one week late.
Of the 2 things i bought from there (i) LZ A4 and (ii) Keycap Set, the first was about a month late and the second was 2 weeks late. Maybe I was just unlucky.

Jun 1, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #502 of 4,845
Jun 1, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #503 of 4,845
The millennial quip is funny. Boy do non-millennials love to crap on that generation. I'm Gen X so we're the ones with the popcorn watching the Baby Boomers tear into them. I've always loved extra bass (just not too much) and I gave some good arguments there about how these are NOT bass boosted, the bass (which rolls off) just doesn't roll off as soon (but it's a pretty solid roll off, these are nothing like Beats). I think possibly one of his alter egos or fans got into it a bit with me for the same reason "they didn't keep their promise". Yes they did. They said they'd try to get extra bass and they did. The kind of response they wish these had in realty are easily found on a mint condition used pair on eBay for not much more than the price on these. It would make no sense to make what would ultimately be a slightly different HD600, they couldn't grasp that.

Jun 5, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #504 of 4,845
Yes. Mottorad. He accused me of everything from being a Beats living plebian to being an unrefined illiterate millennial. I might not have articulated my joy at the increased low end.....along with the other POSITIVE technicalities that would result....but this guy is an angry uncooperative douche of the highest order. Seems VERY frustrated and particular. Very inflexible type of person. He disappeared from the thread weeks ago after he got flagged by several in the discussion.
I'm counting the days until these arrive. I don't want to wish the Summer away....but I can't wait until mid July.

The revised charts do not have enough bass if you ask me.

Jun 5, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #505 of 4,845
Jun 5, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #507 of 4,845
When I want bass I go for my Sony MDR-1A.

Sure, I was being sarcastic, Sennheiser 600 series headphones are simply not for bass heads. Expecting excessive bass from open Senns is unrealistic. Sennheisers are mostly balanced and mid centric headphones, with good bass and good treble. If you want more proeminent bass look elsewhere. Hd58x bass extension promised by Massdrop and Sennheiser was ... a better bass extension, which they apparently succeeded well. It was not intended to produce a Beats, Sony or Fostex kind of bass head headphone.

Jun 5, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #508 of 4,845
Being fairly new to the head fi community, and relatively green when it comes to headphones, Sennheiser has done a wonderful job of confusing the heck out of me. That being said, out of all the 600 series, I'm fairly confident the 660s is the one I want. I just stumbled across this thread, and had no idea the HD58X even existed. Without reading every single post in this thread (I read the 1st post from the OP), does the HD58X closest resemble the 660s? If this is the case, I definitely need this set of cans. I don't think I've even come across these for sale in the classifieds or ebay. Is this drop going to go live again, or is it over? If this set of cans closest resembles the 660s (same drivers?), why does it have a 500 series name? Somebody please tell me these are closest to the 660s for less than half of the retail price, and then tell me you have a pair for sale! !

Jun 5, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #509 of 4,845
Being fairly new to the head fi community, and relatively green when it comes to headphones, Sennheiser has done a wonderful job of confusing the heck out of me. That being said, out of all the 600 series, I'm fairly confident the 660s is the one I want. I just stumbled across this thread, and had no idea the HD58X even existed. Without reading every single post in this thread (I read the 1st post from the OP), does the HD58X closest resemble the 660s? If this is the case, I definitely need this set of cans. I don't think I've even come across these for sale in the classifieds or ebay. Is this drop going to go live again, or is it over? If this set of cans closest resembles the 660s (same drivers?), why does it have a 500 series name? Somebody please tell me these are closest to the 660s for less than half of the retail price, and then tell me you have a pair for sale! !

Nobody knows yet. We've yet to receive the first batch and the ones that people have heard are pre-production and the production model will likely have been tuned some. It's hard to say whether there'll subsequent drops however I think it likely. But even if there aren't you will almost certainly see a pair pop up on the fs/ft forum.

Jun 5, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #510 of 4,845
Nobody knows yet. We've yet to receive the first batch and the ones that people have heard are pre-production and the production model will likely have been tuned some. It's hard to say whether there'll subsequent drops however I think it likely. But even if there aren't you will almost certainly see a pair pop up on the fs/ft forum.
Okay, thank you. That makes sense. It takes a little longer for my brain to process things in my older age. Do you recall when the drop closed, and when people are scheduled to get them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back