1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee Review & Measurements

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Dec 20, 2017.
First

Back
35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
Next

Last
  1. DavidA
    Unlike @Tuneslover my HD650 and HD6XX are both still stock and to me and my GF and most of my friends who have heard both there are slight differences between them with the HD6XX being a touch brighter and the bass a touch more extended but its only really noticeable if you listen to both one after another. If an hour or two passes then most will not notice the difference since audio memory is really poor

2. Mad Lust Envy Contributor
    As someone who absolutely loves the 650 sound, looks like the 58X follows that tonal characteristic. I'd love to hear it one day.

volly likes this.
  3. MarkF786
    Finally, after sitting in the "pending" state since Wednesday, they're now actually on the move - though they're taking a circuitous route, traveling 90 miles west in their first stop, while I'm only 45 miles south of MassDrop's warehouse.

4. Tuneslover
    Yeah mine took 4 days to get from NJ to NYC. Evidently from there they will be taking the slow truck to Ontario Canada like my AKG7XX and HD6XX did.

5. Beagle
    Did you get this notification?

We are reaching out to you in regards to the tracking information you have received for the Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee Headphones. Due to a late - emerging issue with the serialization, your headphones were held from being shipped at the last moment to ensure that the correct low serialized headphones were sent . For this reason, your tracking number has not updated. We will be reshipping these headphones to you and you can expect to see an email with a new tracking number next week.We apologize for any confusion with this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for your new tracking number. Feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns as well.

6. volly
    After spending hours and hours with my 600's, I finally got a pair of 650's at the beginning of the year. Cannot go back to the 600's, the 650's are just my cup of tea.

Also recently got a pair of Hex1's not long ago and these with the 650's are my dual daily drivers, very contempt at the moment. On top of that I finally got a Darkvoice for the Sennheiser, my word....what a great amp!

I feel the 58X is going to get the acid test by a lot people that joined the drop, should be interesting in a months time where the conversation leads us with the 58X.

7. Mark Up
    The upside is that even through speakers I never listen for enjoyment over 70-80 db, usually 60-70 db when mixing to preserve my ears since that's a longer effort. 90 db is really too loud for me even for a few seconds. This means at lower volumes, distortion should be less. There are two things I took from the measurements he's put up there. Reinforcement of the slight reduction in low mids from 150 hz to 1 khz. That's what clouds up headphones, doing that while increasing the bass below 80 hz (ie. clean bass) seriously shows great design. The distortion in the production version, despite the extra bass, is actually lower. That's almost unheard of, usually they go up together. Great!

8. snip3r77
    Stupid question if I have an hd600 should I move on from here? Should I even consider the hd6xx? Thanks

9. Assimilator702
    Look on the bottom of the HD6XX box....it LITERALLY says Model no. HD650 above the UPC code box.

It's the pads that are causing the differences or the HD 6XX not being full broken in.

nereus and Hifiearspeakers like this.
  10. Assimilator702
    Mine started in Edison NJ.....traveled WEST to Breinigsville PA. Now it needs to travel EAST of NJ to get to me in CT.

I'll have them Thurs so I'm not stressing it.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  11. king conan
    My international order shipped 22nd with DHL global and it is since yesterday in "IPZ-Ffm" Germany.

The destination is my head in Spain. I'm really excited to find out if my LG V30 phone has enough power to drive them close to full potential.

12. DavidA
    Forgot to mention that we did switch pads and the differences are still there, even tried the pads from a friends HD660S and a new pair of pads from another friends HD600 but the differences are still there, so while its easy to say "its the pads" I feel that there is either some slight manufacturing variance between units or it could be that Senn made a slight tweak to the HD6XX as they did make changes to the HD650 a few years back. Also, I've stretched out my headband so the clamping force is fairly light since it was causing me head aches at first and I also bent the headband of the HD6XX to about the same and these only get 1-2 hours use per week so ear pad compression is not really an issue in my situation.
    I'll be trying a friends HD58X when she gets it and if its decent I'll probably get one to round out the collection

Tuneslover likes this.
  13. Mshenay
    Thanks for posting the update measurements for the Production version! A few others mentioned they were tuning it a little flatter on the low end, it's also nice to see some changes up top as well

14. FastAndClean
    trellus likes this.
  15. annasoh323
    I'm a bit on the fence about the serialization thing. I was one of the folks who got the "Yours has shipped already but might have a high serial number," email. I live in a distant part of the US, so MD packages often take 2+ weeks. Consequently, I'm expecting mine around the 2nd week of July. I'd really not like to wait another 2+ weeks to return and wait for the new one. It'd be nice to have a low serial number to have a little extra street cred but I don't know if extra street cred is worth another month of waiting.

Is street cred the main benefit with the low number? Would the resell market for these be such that a low serial number would pull more? At the end of the day, I recognize that these headphones aren't that special. I'm not the type with a decent head for marketing and the like (I know guys who live for the hustle and I just can't keep up with them) so I'm trusting you guys!

First

Back
35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
Next

Last