1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee Review & Measurements

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Dec 20, 2017.
First

Back
218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227
229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238
Next

Last
  1. shahkhan
    Drop started again, 5 day left.

kanter and wje like this.
  2. hipmp5
    I have a Philips Fidelio x2, is this headphone a good upgrade for me or the 6XX are a better one?

3. WilliamLeonhart
    I think the HD6xx would be better as an upgrade. Better soundstage, better details though less “dynamic” than the HD58x. However you’d need a somewhat powerful amp for the HD6XX.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  4. wje
    I had a surprise waiting for me when I got home today. My HD-58x Jubliees arrived a day early. Still, I'm in the very early stages of listening to them. Driving them with the Massdrop LCX and SDAC. Also, I realize it will take a few weeks for the clamping force to let up a bit so they're as comfortable to wear as my HD-6xx. I'll have to admit that when I dabbled with the Sennheiser HD-600 and HD-650 4+ years back, I liked the HD-600 for my preference at the time. But, now, I'm enjoying the HD-6xx quite a bit and now getting used to the "lively" HD-58x is a great experience. More music to listen to...

5. DavidA
    Agree with @WilliamLeonhart, the 6XX is a better headphone than the HD58X but if you don't want to deal with amps then the 58X is a much better choice.

6. RahulSangal
    Hey guys, I got my hd58x jubilee 2 days ago, and have been spending a lot of time listening to music with them. But I'm worried that my piece has some flaws. the drivers are well matched. I am driving this with my phone, but i have seen many reviews stating the same and being impressed.

Ok so my point is that there are some things that I can hear on my phone speakers that can't hear on the 58x. A very clear example of that is a continuous sound at 00:59 to 1:05 of the linked song.
    Can you please check this with your phone speakers and then headphones? I'm very worried.

Also, I find that music isn't pleasurable unless I listen at extremely high volume.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  7. Bad-Choices
    The Jubilee actually doesn't like crap sources even though they are easy to drive but I can hear what you talking about when plugged in my iphone 6, P20 Pro and Desktop Onboard.

My speakers pickup the sound fine as well so it sounds like you might have a dud so I would contact massdrop to get a replacement.

First however plug them into another source, even a laptop will do because it could just be your phone is crap on supplying the right power to them. What phone are you running them native with?

8. RahulSangal
    A topping nx4 should be coming in a few days. I am using a asus Zenfone Max pro m1

9. Bad-Choices
    Yeah, that phone should be able to power it.

Check with other sources powering it, otherwise get massdrop to replace it.

10. RahulSangal
    IMG_20190125_171142.jpg IMG_20190125_171125.jpg IMG_20190125_171105.jpg IMG_20190125_171039.jpg are these blemishes on the film normal? They're very visible and I can feel them by running my fingers across it.

11. kanter
    Thanks, ordering

12. DavidA
    Those are not "blemishes" mine look the same.

13. RahulSangal
    And yours sound good?

14. DavidA
    Yes, mine sound good but not as good as some of my other headphones due to the very slight grain in the highs which some don't notice and other like me notice but its not a deal breaker since the grain is not always noticeable, only on some songs its irritating to me.

You might want to try some Deoxit on all the connections since I've found that poor contact is an issue with most electronic gear.

15. TheRH
    Once you find a spot that fit
    Once you have the good spot that each ear cup is fitting here are some tips.

With one hand press and hold with your thumb on the metal of the head band.

With the other hand pull against the thumb of your other hand, do this a little at a time evenly on each side.

This will allow for an excellent fit, and will not be so tight against the face. But do not worry it will still allow for a good seal.

(Notice Thumb) 20190125_100414.jpg

Guidostrunk likes this.
First

Back
218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227
229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238
Next

Last