1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee Review & Measurements

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Dec 20, 2017.
First

Back
216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225
227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236
Next

Last
  1. lance1937
    I looked at dedicated headphone amps and what I don't know is how high up I would need to go before I would notice a distinct improvement in sound quality over what I currently own. I suspect something like the Schiit Magni III or the Monolith Liquid Spark may not make a noticeable difference ($100 amps) and maybe the Schiit Asgard would make a noticeable difference. What will probably happen to me is curiosity will get the better of me and I will buy other headphones and a quality amp just to see what I may or may not be missing. This year I plan on buying a quality CD player and 2 or 3 pairs of bookshelf speakers before I consider buying other headphones and headphone stuff. I currently make use of my new headphones and my 2.1 stereo for listening to music while I watch sports on TV (announcer and replay overload is ruining broadcast sports).

TheRH likes this.
  2. Electrolite
    I went to the cassino and tripled the money I bet so maybe I'll buy the Koss. If I do I'll compare it with the 58X

3. JubilantHD58XOwner
    Btw, is the headphone grill interchangeable with the 660s grille? Has anyone changed it? If so, send pix

4. DivineCurrent
    Every part the 600 series headphones (this includes the 58X, 600, 650, 6XX, and 660S) is interchangeable. The headband, pads, grills, and cables can all be swapped with each other. The only part that is not interchangeable is the 58X driver, as far as I am aware. I have noticed they are glued and cannot be removed.

Deftone likes this.
  5. Deftone
    650S.JPG

660/650

6. tafens
    They’re using the same pads as HD600/650 (and HD6XX).

7. TheRH
    I will change to those in a few months, for now, the pads On mine are pretty comfortable.

8. blackdragon87
    welcome to the forums. great to see that you are enjoying your new pair of hd 58x

9. TheRH
    One day left on Massdrop!

10. TheRH
    Drop closed......

11. PeteMtl
    It will be back, don’t worry. It’s a cash cow for Massdrop

Deftone likes this.
  12. TheRH
    Oh I know.

13. wje
    Fortunately, I made it into the HD-58X drop that recently closed with an estimated ship date of 1/25/2019. I picked up a pair of HD-6xx locally last week and enjoying them. I just missed an original pair of HD-580 "Jubilee" headphones in my area for $120 by a day or so. Then, there's also a used pair of the HD-580 "Premium" for $185 locally, which is hard to bite at that price.

I'll be sure to provide some impressions of the HD-58x in a few weeks after I've received them, burned them in a bit and have applied some listening time to them.

14. TheRH
    @wje What will you be running all of this on?

15. DavidA
    My HD58X does sound different on the different amps that I have (BH Crack: worst of the bunch since its output impedance is a bit too high for the HD58X, Lyr2-Telefunken tubes: not bad but a touch on the bright side with some tracks at times, Ember-low output impedance, Amperex SQ tube: my favorite at this time, UD-301 headphone jack: second favorite since its has a touch less bass impact but fuller mids and a touch more sparkle in the highs than the Ember, Asgard2: cleanest sounding which can be bad with poor recording and a touch less bass impact), but I'd say its more a slightly different tone versus better or worse to each individual IMO.

Charente likes this.
First

Back
216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225
227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236
Next

Last