1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee Review & Measurements

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Dec 20, 2017.
First

Back
214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223
225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234
Next

Last
  1. Seazer

I use my Porta Pros with KSC75 clips because the normal headband catches my hair. Think the yaxi pads will still benefit me? The clips don't apply as much pressure from the drivers to the ear as the headband does, they are definitely lighter on the ear

2. VRacer-111
    Yes, though bass qty may be more affected with the clips versus headband. Clarity improvements and everything else should be the same.

3. Tuneslover
    I have 2 pair of the HD58X so I decided to do the Solderdude mod on one of them. It definitely sounded different from the un-modded pair, brighter and leaner bass. After a while it just sounded like a bastardized HD58X that just didn't sound right. I un-modded it preferring the original design and sound.

TheRH likes this.
  4. Lurk650
    Take the Koss/Yaxi pad discussion to PM? This is the 58x thread lol

Only mod I've done is switching to a balanced KK cable which cost almost half the 58x lol

5. TheRH
    And see, that is too my point, yes it may please quite a few. But in my own opinion I would and will stick to the stock form of the build, and not "mod" them. I will be changing to the stock Sennheiser cable, and probably try out different pads. But as far as the headphones, there is a reason they were tuned that way from the factory.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    Guidostrunk likes this.
  6. Sharpty
    As the pros explain, physical tuning can only go so far, especially with a headphone. When you design a loudspeaker, the tuned box and the room it's in become part of the system and help to smooth out the response of the driver. With headphones this doesn't happen.

7. TheRH
    I'm sorry, but do not agree with these guys on the DSP part .

8. Electrolite
    You guys talk so much aobut the Koss Porta Pro that I'm trying to hold myself on not buy them. I near a low tax area of Paraguay and they are about $40 to $46, maybe I'll buy one...

Anyway tomorrow if I'm lucky I'll visit one of the few hi-fi stores in South America, they have stuff like Audeze's LCD, a Focal Clear and more, will be the first time hearing those big boys, if I'm sucesful I'll give some feedback and try to compare them with the 58X.

Edit:
    My uncle tested the 58X, he loves and knows a lot about music so he had some great albums to test the headphone, he really likes the 58X, tried both with EQ and without, he tought the 58X with EQ was better as well except in some songs like Take Five where cymbals were a tad too metallic.

I like how he doesn't know much about the headphone world but described the sound as having some slight "velvet" feeling.

This is one of the songs he used to test, from the co-found of the Beach Boys, it's interesting.

Sharpty likes this.
  9. Sharpty
    Can't wait to hear about it!

10. TheRH
    What pads are people using on their 58X's?

11. VRacer-111
  12. TheRH
    Oh my those look nice, where do you buy those?

13. Lurk650
    One pair on Amazon for $60

14. TheRH
    That is actually not too bad, I'm might try out Dekoni pads.

15. Mouseman
    I have the Dekoni hybrids that I got from MD. I really like them, they're even more comfortable than the stock -- deeper so the drivers don't touch my ears. They help out the bass a bit, and cut down on the treble a bit, too. I haven't had any durability issues, I've heard some people have, but they seem pretty solid.

Tuneslover and TheRH like this.
First

Back
214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223
225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234
Next

Last