Massdrop x Liquid Carbon X Discussion
Jul 1, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #256 of 491
I found using a Khadas it picked up a lot of interference. The amp to me was very muddy and bloated. It might go well with bright headphones but in truth I was disappointed.

Jul 15, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #257 of 491
This is on special today for $199.00. That is half the price of the 789 now. I have spoken to a few owners of the 789 that infer I many not enjoy the 789. I am not an audiophile. I do not crave transparent, neutral, etc.
I like "fun" headphones and amps. I am in love with my Burson Fun and unimpressed with my Loxjie P20.

Thinking Hard about pulling the trigger...

Shane D

Jul 15, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #258 of 491
This is on special today for $199.00. That is half the price of the 789 now. I have spoken to a few owners of the 789 that infer I many not enjoy the 789. I am not an audiophile. I do not crave transparent, neutral, etc.
I like "fun" headphones and amps. I am in love with my Burson Fun and unimpressed with my Loxjie P20.

Thinking Hard about pulling the trigger...

Shane D
I really enjoy my LCX. I think for $200, it might be the best SS desktop amp you can buy. Good features and solid construction. Fantastic sound. I would jump on it for that price.

Jul 15, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #259 of 491
I really enjoy my LCX. I think for $200, it might be the best SS desktop amp you can buy. Good features and solid construction. Fantastic sound. I would jump on it for that price.

The trigger finger is itchy...:L3000:

Shane D

Jul 15, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #262 of 491
I dont know if i wont be able to not buy it lol. between this and the atom?
i was going to buy the atom later this month.

I just bought it. I wanted to replace my balanced amp as I don't even use it anymore. It is supposed to be a Very good balanced amp.

My landed cost with shipping and conversion (Canada) will be about $325.00. If it doesn't work out, I can probably sell it for $225.00 to $250.00. Pretty low risk on my part.

Shane D

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #263 of 491
I just bought it. I wanted to replace my balanced amp as I don't even use it anymore. It is supposed to be a Very good balanced amp.

My landed cost with shipping and conversion (Canada) will be about $325.00. If it doesn't work out, I can probably sell it for $225.00 to $250.00. Pretty low risk on my part.

Shane D
I could also buy it and then sell it. But i have spent to much right now lol and i want to save for later deals from amazon. I dont want to go on a shopping spree with amazon prime and drop.
I want an amp and a dac, i have right now the micca g2.
Also, the liquid spark will be on sale at 10:15am ct on amazon prime! if they price seems right i might buy the liquid spark.
I dont have balance headphones nor cables. I will definitely go balanced at some point, but the upgrade wont be cheap. The amp, plus all the cables....

Jul 15, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #264 of 491
I could also buy it and then sell it. But i have spent to much right now lol and i want to save for later deals from amazon. I dont want to go on a shopping spree with amazon prime and drop.
I want an amp and a dac, i have right now the micca g2.
Also, the liquid spark will be on sale at 10:15am ct on amazon prime! if they price seems right i might buy the liquid spark.
I dont have balance headphones nor cables. I will definitely go balanced at some point, but the upgrade wont be cheap. The amp, plus all the cables....

I hear you on the full cost of balanced. The Spark is supposed to be a sweet little amp. You could even try a Modi for a DAC. Great price points and pretty good gear.

Shane D

Jul 15, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #265 of 491
That is a crazy good price for that amp I paid $599 for my original 1st run Carbon. A person that owns the Drop version heard mine and says they are very close to sounding the same so I would recommend it highly it is a very good amp with plenty of power and that sweet Cavalli sound runs my Abyss with ease and also a good pairing with the HD-800’s if I didn’t already have one that price would be hard to pass up.

Jul 15, 2019 at 6:30 PM Post #267 of 491
Man, try to find a review on this amp!
I read our thread and most of the stuff on MassDrop (almost all of which is always useless) but I can't find anything on YouTube or any audio site/magazine. There are a couple with a DAC, but that's it.

I have rarely (ever?) seen this little coverage of a well known product. At least in Audio circles.

Usually I research every new purchase to death, but I guess this will be the exception.

Shane D

Jul 15, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #268 of 491
I'll say @Shane D you won't regret your purchase this amp sounds great I use mine all the time love it..

Jul 15, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #269 of 491
I'll say @Shane D you won't regret your purchase this amp sounds great I use mine all the time love it..

Just got an email that it shipped today! Very excited.

Shane D

Jul 15, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #270 of 491
Just got an email that it shipped today! Very excited.

Shane D
I waited for over 7 months for my first run Carbon so not to much of a wait but well worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back