Massdrop x Liquid Carbon X Discussion
Jun 25, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #151 of 488
I also agree with you're write up @SpeedSmith will said, The LCX is a very enjoyable amp I've noticed that it sounds better the warmer it gets don't know if all SS amps are like that but any time I listen it goes on 20 mins before makes all the difference. Or it could be I'm just used to my wa22 warm-up time is a must for that amp..enjoy
Thanks guys. I'm hoping to provide some helpful content or the very least something thought provoking. I've been surfing this forum for a while and learned a great deal, so I wanted to return the favor.

And yes, I very much agree, the LCX needs some warm up time. 20 minutes sounds spot on.

I'm bettin' that WooAudio unit is spectacular! Someday I may consolidate some hobbies and go big. :wink:

Jun 25, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #152 of 488
Would love to hear some comparisons of the LC and the LCX.

Jun 25, 2018 at 9:20 PM Post #153 of 488
I bought the Liquid Carbon after hearing the prototype .

Jun 26, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #154 of 488
Would love to hear some comparisons of the LC and the LCX.
Being an LCX owner - I am curious, too!
What are the chances Alex @runeight would chime in and compare his 2 creations? :wink:

Jun 27, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #155 of 488
so with the current batch of lcx going out are they still using the terrible black finish that turns white if u stare at it to hard? I have one of the first 500 and compared to my cth the finish is terrible.
hahahaahha this! I have the cth and the lcx as a stack and can also confirm! I stared at mine for too long and the whole stack turned white! o.O All jokes aside it does get a little annoying though and makes my ocd tingles.

Jun 27, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #156 of 488
Hi guys was wondering if anyone had heard the lcd 3 on the lcx yet? After trying out several amp I really love the LCX but wondering how it will pair with the lcd 3. I've had the lcd 2f with it and I think the sound is amazing but not so sure about the 3.

Jun 27, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #157 of 488
hahahaahha this! I have the cth and the lcx as a stack and can also confirm! I stared at mine for too long and the whole stack turned white! o.O All jokes aside it does get a little annoying though and makes my ocd tingles.

something that helps hide the white marks a lot is i used a small bit of eagle one "wax as u dry" on a cloth and VERY gently rubbed it on it made it all black once again and while it gets some fingerprints now it doesnt turn white nearly as bad. just dont rub to hard be very gentle so you dont make shiny spots.

Jun 27, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #158 of 488
something that helps hide the white marks a lot is i used a small bit of eagle one "wax as u dry" on a cloth and VERY gently rubbed it on it made it all black once again and while it gets some fingerprints now it doesnt turn white nearly as bad. just dont rub to hard be very gentle so you dont make shiny spots.
hehehe I get what you're saying :wink: thank you for the advice!

Jun 27, 2018 at 10:08 PM Post #159 of 488
Hi guys was wondering if anyone had heard the lcd 3 on the lcx yet? After trying out several amp I really love the LCX but wondering how it will pair with the lcd 3. I've had the lcd 2f with it and I think the sound is amazing but not so sure about the 3.

I don't use my lcd3's with this amp the sound stage is too narrow, I enjoy the LCX but to my ears it's better with my 560's or Elear's. My lcd3's, AFO's sound their best with my tube amp..enjoy

Jun 28, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #161 of 488
Hi All,
May I ask how hot does Massdrop Liquid Carbon X + SDAC get? Would you say it gets as hot as a PC?
Honestly it is the last concern for me to get one.
Thanks,
not sure about the combo but i have the lcx and it doesnt get that warm. i cant imagine the combo would get that much warmer. it gets slightly warm to the touch but nothing i would call hot and def no where near as hot as any of my pc's

Jun 28, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #162 of 488
agreed this amp gets warm never hot but I will say it sounds it's best when warmer..

Jun 28, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #163 of 488
I have the original and it gets warm also so I don’t think it is a problem. Most of my other gear run hot so I don’t see a problem. Stop worrying.

Jun 28, 2018 at 11:46 PM Post #164 of 488
Thanks guys. I also want to know if it is cooler than Schiit Jotunheim?
I know most people won't have them both since they are very similar. In fact what kept me from buying Jot was because I was worried it gets hot/too warm. I am using Fiio E10k so any decent DAC/AMP would be an upgrade to me. But one thing E10k is good is that it does not get warm at all so I can put it right next to me, which is good especially because I live in HK.

Jun 29, 2018 at 12:05 AM Post #165 of 488
Thanks guys. I also want to know if it is cooler than Schiit Jotunheim?
I know most people won't have them both since they are very similar. In fact what kept me from buying Jot was because I was worried it gets hot/too warm. I am using Fiio E10k so any decent DAC/AMP would be an upgrade to me. But one thing E10k is good is that it does not get warm at all so I can put it right next to me, which is good especially because I live in HK.

I trust Alex then schitt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back