1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Massdrop x Liquid Carbon X Discussion

First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last
  1. thebkt
    The LCX manual directly states that it is not designed to be left on for long periods of time once burned in.

I'm going with the official direction as opposed to speculation here.

I use my LCX at work and turn it off every afternoon.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  2. Bazirker
    Thanks for the thorough and excellent write up, answering my questions perfectly. My wallet and I are going to have to have a heart-to-heart to figure out if this one is gonna fly or not...

themuna likes this.
  3. abvolt
    You'll really enjoy this amps sq if you get one, I was very surprised on how well it sounds for an inexpressive amp I'll say it will be hard to beat for the price..enjoy

4. PointyFox
    I just ordered this to go with my Andromedas and Z1R..

5. Pott
    Question: my office setup is currently a Schiit Brifrost (DS) -> Schiit Magni 3 -> Audio Technica M50s.
    I'm receiving some Meze 99 Neos tomorrow, and I'm considering an amp upgrade.

The CTH seems to perform better with high-impedence headphones which I've no interest in (got a Jotunheim -> HD650s at home).
    I figured the LC may be a good alternative...

Thoughts?

6. Dnguyen926
    The LC is a fairly neutral amp maybe a slight warm tilt. I don't have any experience with the Magni 3 but when I had the Jot and the LC I actually prefered the LC more. The sound stage is wider, it is also less analytical and in your face than the Jot which makes for a very relaxing but enjoyable listening experience if you're working.

7. avsmusic1
    I'm in on the drop with the SDAC that went up today. I know some have said they aren't sold on the pairing with the he-560 but I've heard more positive than negative so I figure I'll give them a shot. Seems to be a decent secondary market for them too if it doesn't work out....

Any recs for a "value" balanced cable for the 560?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  8. SteezyRayVaughan
    Anyone have info or impressions with an AKG K712 + LCX pairing? And how is the SE on the LCX?

HoneysPoohBear and displayname like this.
  9. jsmiller58
    Question... I am wondering if the LCX is worth getting in my situation...

I currently have the following DACs and amps

Topping D50 DAC
    NFB 11.38 (integrated DAC Amp)
    iFi xDSD (integrated DAC Amp)
    CTH Amp
    Aune X7s Amp
    MD O2 Amp

The cans I usually use are:

Focal Elex
    Sundara
    1990 DT Pro
    TH-X00
    HD660s
    HD58X

Would the LCX offer a sufficiently different sound to make sense? How different would it be?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  10. snip3r77
    I'm thinking of the Monoprice Cavalli( ETA August-ish not confirm ) vs this?
    Should I or should I not?

11. displayname
    While the massdrop deal is on and everyone is asking the same type of questions, has anyone compared the LCX to older amps that go for about the same price on the bay and other places. I've been eyeing a Burson HA-160, but haven't heard of many people who have used both.

I get the impression that LCX might have the upper hand with overall design, but Burson has top end parts and is built like a tank.

12. jsmiller58
    I think that Monoprice has delayed their new offerings until October.

13. jsmiller58
    I am surprised as to how few reviews and comparisons there are for the LCX... In the balance that troubles me...

For me I already have a few amps and would like to know if this one adds something different to what I have. And I am thinking of others as well, Questyle 400i, Yulong Aquila, an R2R either from MD or Audio-gd... Too many choices and would love to get more insight into the LCX...

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    displayname likes this.
  14. displayname
    It's interesting to me because the reviews here seem overwhelmingly positive, but I've seen some grips about build quality on other sites. Including on MD reviews where someone points out a spark if the power supply is plugged in to the socket before it's plugged into the unit.

15. abvolt
    Well the only other amp I can compare the LCX is with my wa22 which is not a fair comparison one is all tube the other SS. But I will say that the LCX is an amp I don't get tired of listening to it's a great sounding amp and well worth it's price, I'm very happy no regrets..enjoy

displayname likes this.
First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last