Massdrop x Hifiman edition xx
Mar 14, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #376 of 463
Hi all, I found there are 4 edition xx headphones on amazon.com and they are sold and shipped by amazon.com itself. But in drop.com it is still out of stock and "443 sold" as when I saw it was sold out at the beginning.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #379 of 463
Is there a significant difference between Edition X, Edition Xv2, Edition XX and Ananda (Overall build quality and sound signature)?

Big difference between two of them. Ananda is clean and fast, but lacking body and harmonic richness. HEX v2 is short on upper mids/dynamics and some treble detail (the upper mids can get EQ'd in, the upper details get better with careful placement re ear and silver cable, but is still short a bit. Both of these lack impact in the bass. I think the build quality is better on the HEX v2. But it's going to be older than an Ananda - new or used.

Edition XX is said to be closer to the HEX v2, but. I can't say.

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #380 of 463
@TeamHiFiMAN
I am wondering whether hifiman will ship edtion xx on drop.com and amazon.com again. I am thinking to get HE560 or wait for the edition xx if I stick with hifiman. My C-2 amp will have enough power to drive the HE560 well.

Of cause, I knew Mr. Speakers sells AFO v1 again(RT version) on their site after the drop specific AFOv1 version at the same price.
And, hifiman keeps Ananda on $699 and Jade II on $900.

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #382 of 463
It seems someone heard. HFM edition xx is shipped by amazon.com itself again. Hope the cable quality will be the same as Sundara or better so I can keep the stock cable for a little bit longer.

The cable is absolute crap. Worse than Sundara. You need to get an after-market cable from any number of other suppliers.

Jul 4, 2020 at 10:53 PM Post #385 of 463
Thanks. It seems I need to get an ofc or occ cable.

How many hours burn-in does edition xx need?
(By the way, It took over 1000 hours for my audio-gd di-20. So I can wait.)

HiFiMan usually recommends 150hr break-in period for most of their headphones.

Jul 10, 2020 at 2:09 AM Post #386 of 463
It seems someone heard. HFM edition xx is shipped by amazon.com itself again. Hope the cable quality will be the same as Sundara or better so I can keep the stock cable for a little bit longer.
I bought my HEX from amazon a couple months ago and I LOVE them, I already own other planars and dynamics and the HEX are in my head 95% of the time, but the first thing I did after buying them was to order a balanced cable from periapt cables to power them properly and I can tell you they sound way better than with that unbelievable terrible stock cable.

Jul 23, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #388 of 463
The stock cable will be legendary. Not in a good way. I use a pure silver / gold plated cable and it brings a layer of detail, which puts them near the more expensive Hifiman models. Have become my daily driver planar.
So who makes your cable and what did it cost? Is it balanced? Where did you buy?

Jul 23, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #389 of 463
The stock cable will be legendary. Not in a good way. I use a pure silver / gold plated cable and it brings a layer of detail, which puts them near the more expensive Hifiman models. Have become my daily driver planar.
Hi Briareos,

Is your cable/cable body from Lunashops or YYAudio?

Lunashops.com/EachDIY is famous on similar cable bodies. It has gold plated silver headphone cables(link; cable body) and pure silver litz cables(link; cable body).

Jul 26, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #390 of 463
So who makes your cable and what did it cost? Is it balanced? Where did you buy?

I use a "1% gold + 99% pure silver + pure silver electroplated gold" cable from Aliexpress store CEMA Electro for around 130$. It's 2.5mm balanced on the source side and MMCX on the other.

With a MMCX to 3.5mm adapter from OKSC store it fits the Edition XX. I get all my expensive cables this way, because with adapters on both sides I can connect most headphones and sources.

OKCSC-MMCX-Connector-to-0-78-2pin-A2DC-3-5mm-Jack-Interface-Adapter-HiFi-DIY-Tools.jpg1-gold-99-pure-silver-pure-silver-electroplated-gold-headset-upgrade-cable-MMCX-0-78MM-2PIN.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back