Massdrop PLUS Universal IEM
Apr 3, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #286 of 877
Well, it's like advising buying Porsche 911 Turbo S to someone who asks about getting Focus RS or Golf R :wink: very helpful indeed.

If you could compare FLC to the Plus it would be great. If not, I'll wait for someone who could do little comparision.

You're probably right, if you truly have the $300 budget but not 800.

Apr 3, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #288 of 877
For me Plus have 3 advantages over Andromeda: 1. Lower SPL so adjusting volume is easier; 2. Less hisses; 3. And most importantly, much much more comfortable than Andros.

But Andromeda is definitely the better IEMs, no doubt about it. However if I didn’t have Andros I would be very happy with Plus.

I personally find Campfire Audio IEMs, including the Andro housing ones, fit my ears very well even for hours of wearing and are not uncomfortable as they say. I was quite concerned when I made the purchase, and then I learnt that you never know until you try it.

Apr 3, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #289 of 877
Thanks guys. All the earphones/cans I want are either discontinued or can't be ordered right away :frowning2:

Apr 4, 2018 at 2:06 AM Post #298 of 877
Just got my zx-300 to go with the MD+ :ksc75smile:. Got it during Easter Sale here in Australia for $692AU ($532USD)

IMAG1016.jpg

Apr 5, 2018 at 12:50 AM Post #299 of 877
I personally find Campfire Audio IEMs, including the Andro housing ones, fit my ears very well even for hours of wearing and are not uncomfortable as they say. I was quite concerned when I made the purchase, and then I learnt that you never know until you try it.
I think you're spot on, the comfort level may be very different for different people, and you have to try to really know it.

For me I don't really feel Andros uncomfortable, though not as comfortable as Westone IEMs, but probably on the same level as most other multi-BA IEMs. However with the Plus they almost make me forget I have earphones on, that's how comfortable they are to me.

By the way the Andros also make me forget I have earphones on.. but for some other reasons, sonically I guess..

Apr 18, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #300 of 877
Wish another drop would happen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back