Massdrop PLUS Universal IEM
Mar 23, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #272 of 877
Besides the design (and price), what is the difference between the Astell Kern Michelle and the Astell Kern Michelle limited?

Didn't notice they have a limited version!
But I know there are people who like Michelle. And the price point and driver choices are similar, price also made sense so I am also very curious hope someone could fill in.

Mar 23, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #273 of 877
Besides the design (and price), what is the difference between the Astell Kern Michelle and the Astell Kern Michelle limited?
According to the AK rep in another thread (sorry it's late I'll edit in a link later) the only difference is the manufacturing process

Mar 31, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #275 of 877
Can anyone recommend a dap or dac/amp for MD Plus? I have a Mojo but prefer something more revealing and less warm.

I was thinking maybe Lotoo Paw 5000 mk 2 ?

I use a Radsone EarStudio with mine.

Apr 2, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #279 of 877
I got lucky 777:gs1000smile:
thumbnail_IMG_1288.jpg

Apr 2, 2018 at 11:21 PM Post #280 of 877
Can anyone recommend a dap or dac/amp for MD Plus? I have a Mojo but prefer something more revealing and less warm.

I was thinking maybe Lotoo Paw 5000 mk 2 ?

Umm. Mojo is quite hard to beat. Maybe line out from mojo to a separate amp. Or get alo cdm used at that price.

I haven't heard the Mojo, but I have an ALO CDM and it might not meet the requirement of more revealing and less warm, especially if using the CDM's DAC. (The DAC section of the CDM is VERY smooth, which I like, but probably wouldn't call it revealing.)

Apr 3, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #282 of 877
I'm still thinking about the Plus... but I bought FLC8s recently and TBH I have quite big doubts they'll sound quite similar... Could anyone compare them to FLC8s with red/grey/green filters or at least red/grey/gold? I would be grateful because I'm not sure if it makes sense to go for the Plus having the FLCs...

Apr 3, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #283 of 877
I'm still thinking about the Plus... but I bought FLC8s recently and TBH I have quite big doubts they'll sound quite similar... Could anyone compare them to FLC8s with red/grey/green filters or at least red/grey/gold? I would be grateful because I'm not sure if it makes sense to go for the Plus having the FLCs...

I suggest don't buy either and buy the Andromedas, it could be your end game. Otherwise you waste time here searching for trivial comparisons like this.

Apr 3, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #284 of 877
I suggest don't buy either and buy the Andromedas, it could be your end game. Otherwise you waste time here searching for trivial comparisons like this.

Well, it's like advising buying Porsche 911 Turbo S to someone who asks about getting Focus RS or Golf R :wink: very helpful indeed.

If you could compare FLC to the Plus it would be great. If not, I'll wait for someone who could do little comparision.

Apr 3, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #285 of 877
For me Plus have 3 advantages over Andromeda: 1. Lower SPL so adjusting volume is easier; 2. Less hisses; 3. And most importantly, much much more comfortable than Andros.

But Andromeda is definitely the better IEMs, no doubt about it. However if I didn’t have Andros I would be very happy with Plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back