Massdrop PLUS Universal IEM
Mar 22, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #259 of 877
I got the Massdrop Plus and decided I like it, 90% satisfied, but feel something's still missing there. Wish to see a comparison between this and the AK Michelle which I heard and definitely fell in love before.

Mar 23, 2018 at 12:30 AM Post #260 of 877
I got the Massdrop Plus and decided I like it, 90% satisfied, but feel something's still missing there. Wish to see a comparison between this and the AK Michelle which I heard and definitely fell in love before.
Wow, I was going back and forth between these same two headphones and the Campfire Polaris. Living in Germany I had no chance of demoing the three. I went with the massdrop + which was the cheaper of the three but still with great reviews across the web.

Mar 23, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #261 of 877
Wow, I was going back and forth between these same two headphones and the Campfire Polaris. Living in Germany I had no chance of demoing the three. I went with the massdrop + which was the cheaper of the three but still with great reviews across the web.

I do have the Polaris and I actually preferred the Polaris over the MD plus due to the more lively tonality and the same level of coherence/soundstage/detail retrieval. I do feel the Polaris is more relaxing than the MD plus also.

Mar 23, 2018 at 12:56 AM Post #264 of 877
I think the Polaris performs at a slightly higher level than the Plus. Bit better timbre, more natural bass. But it's got a w-shaped tuning and costs twice as much. And the comfort is hit or miss. So while the Polaris certainly has its strengths, the Plus is likely a safer option for many.

Personally, I'm waiting for a Campfire earphone that combines the coherence of the Polaris' hybrid design with the technical superiority of the Andromeda. That'll be something special. But the Plus is a great placeholder in the interim.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #265 of 877
I think the Polaris performs at a slightly higher level than the Plus. Bit better timbre, more natural bass. But it's got a w-shaped tuning and costs twice as much. And the comfort is hit or miss. So while the Polaris certainly has its strengths, the Plus is likely a safer option for many.

Personally, I'm waiting for a Campfire earphone that combines the coherence of the Polaris' hybrid design with the technical superiority of the Andromeda. That'll be something special. But the Plus is a great placeholder in the interim.

Oh my! You must be talking about a gold-colored IEM! :)

Mar 23, 2018 at 1:03 AM Post #266 of 877

These are my first iems that cost more than 50 bucks. I have the mee audio m6 pro (1st edition) as my only iem. I normally use over ears as alot of iems/earbuds hurt my Intertragic notch and tragus (lol had to look up those names) Are the included tips comfortable to wear?

Mar 23, 2018 at 1:05 AM Post #267 of 877
Besides the design (and price), what is the difference between the Astell Kern Michelle and the Astell Kern Michelle limited?

Mar 23, 2018 at 1:09 AM Post #268 of 877
These are my first iems that cost more than 50 bucks. I have the mee audio m6 pro (1st edition) as my only iem. I normally use over ears as alot of iems/earbuds hurt my Intertragic notch and tragus (lol had to look up those names) Are the included tips comfortable to wear?

No guarantees, but I find the Plus extremely comfortable. I use the included double-flange tips for a deeper insertion (natch) and have experienced zero discomfort. Some people have complained about the Plus' vaguely medical appearance, but the cobalt acrylic looks nice enough to me and a little cosmetic awkwardness is a small price to pay for such an extraordinarily cozy fit.
Oh my! You must be talking about a gold-colored IEM!

If you mean the Dorado, that's not quite what I have in mind. :wink: Good sound, but a bit too warm and v-shaped for my liking.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 1:13 AM Post #269 of 877
No guarantees, but I find the Plus extremely comfortable. I use the included double-flange tips for a deeper insertion (natch) and have experienced zero discomfort. Some people have complained about the Plus' vaguely medical appearance, but the cobalt acrylic looks nice enough to me and a little cosmetic awkwardness is a small price to pay for such an extraordinarily cozy fit.

If you mean the Dorado, that's not quite what I have in mind. :wink: Good sound, but a bit too warm and v-shaped for my liking.
Thanks for the response.:beyersmile:

Mar 23, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #270 of 877

Ah I see!
Yes, really hope Campfire gotta to up with something new that leverages all their techs strengths!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back